Legacy of the Protectors - PROLOGUE

“Mak- Makuta! Sire! I- I- I have received terrible news!”
Cried Ovarkan, the newest of the protectors. Makuta knew the young protector woudn’t be the newest one for long, as Lendar, the protector of air was very old, and his people were known for being the best of the best when in their prime, but paid for it with being worthless when old.
“And what woud those news be? And hurry, I’m busy”
“It’s your village, your’s and ekimu’s.It- It has been overrun by skull spiders, everybody is dead!”
Makuta sighed, not suprised by how gullible the new protector was.
“And if there were no survivors, from whom did you receive this information? The villagers of psionics dont get many visitors. I woud know, since I grew up amongst them.”
“Well, there was one survivor, a female villager. She had many scars on her and sounded unsurprisingly very distressed”
Makuta stopped. Coud this be true? Every villager dead? Ekimu woud be crying for weeks, but makuta wasnt moved too much. He was not a very empathetic person, and the only villagers of psionics he had ever cared about, his “parents” were long dead. He had despised their entire race ever since his childhood. The other children had laughed at him for his wierd purple color. Perhaps that was the reason Makuta grew to be so cold and hateful. Maybe they would have witheld their laughter if they knew that he was the last of the gold and purple colored villagers of gravity. He was devastated to learn this truth from his so called parents barely after building his so far best mask, the mask of control, which he had built to try and replicate the mind control powers of his neighbors and wore to this day. He wasnt angry at them, they took him in as a son and thought that it was best if he didnt know the truth. He had, however, been angry, oh so angry at Ekimu, who although he had known Makuta’s past never stood up for him out of fear of being a secondary target of the mockery, and that anger led to hatred, which lasted ever since. Let him know the feeling of being the last of his race on this island. There was just one problem.
“You said there was no survivor?”
“No no, I told you, there is a sur-”
“There was no survivor”
Said Makuta, his mask glowing.

This was a prolouge to an upcoming story of five villagers tracing the legacy of the protectors of old trying to put a stop to the attack of skull spiders before its too late. The attack in question is the first attack back when the mask makers are still alive, before the great cataclism.
Feedback and Constructive Criticism is welcome! I still have no idea what to do with the actual story yet. So ideas are welcome too! Ideas that I end up using will be credited.

7 Likes

This sounds like a very good prologue. There is only one little nitpick I could see. “Maybe they would”.

1 Like

Aaaaaaaaand fixed! Thanks for the praise.

You are welcome :slight_smile: