Legend of Chima Minifigure paint jobs

By Big I mean the kind who’s work is often featured in places that are endorsed by lego such as Brick Journal and whatnot. I honestly don’t know if any customizers are all that well known if you don’t go digging.

1 Like

Um, MichaelMGF, he’s very well known, and he paints. MooseFigs is another, he also paints.

good point.

ok, so Decaling is not permament? thats a bummer. i was hoping that i would just need add them and i would have a new torso, but after having read that link, im kind of sad that the decaling is not permament.

It depends on how you decal. I must have sent you the wrong article. I’ll link another if I find a better one.

yeah, but like i have said before, im not that good of an artist so the drawing of the torso or the head will be a bit difficoult for me, unless i have some images that i can work with, you know using an existing drawing of the heads and torso, but again that is one of the more difficoult things to do, so when it comes to the crocs, i think i will do little with the main torso of them, and instead just do the head… i think… that could be one of the better things with having a topic like this, we can help each other out in doing this so if someone did make a torso or head print it would help us that did want to get rid of the large number the same character we would have but did not want to throw away. and the fact that this do help in army building. like say if i where to buy two or three Crawley Claw Rippers, then i would have three Crawleys and three Leonidas, but what if i had another Chima set where i did have ither Crawley and/or Leonidas so it would be better to get rid of the other ones i got from the Claw Ripper, by making them other characters… or making them into nameless croc soldiers, like the ones from the series.

I sharpied of my cragger faces and Crominus head(aside from the eyes) black and used a few other black and olive minifig bits to make an OC, but that’s about it. He wielded a double sided torch and used fire chi.

And yes, he’s about as edgy as he sounds

do anyone here think that LEGO would consider to release a book or something that contains Decaling images for Chima characters. I would consider that nice of them if they did (but im not stupid, i know something like that will never happen, and that LEGO would no doupt not consider to give Decalings from a theme that is ending). But i would still be happy if they would consider it, because it would not really cost them anything if they desited to release it on the internet as something that is for free, and they would help those of us out there who want to change the figures that we do have.

on another note, making decalings of chest armor for Online characters is not going to be easy, seeing how they are not shown from a ground view, but from a birds eye view, so it makes it hard to make them, more so with characters like Cruz, who’s only image is that one i showed you guys (and again, i would need to get maybe Kruncha or that ice skeleton villain from Ninjago if i am to get the bone armor for Cruz)

and again, the wolfs would probably be the easiest to do Decaling for, seeing how i would not need to paint on them (exept for the animal head, but even then it would be just small paint jobs like the Eye patch for the Male Wolf Warrior 1 version, i can see him just needing small paint jobs on the ears, and on the fur on the sides, then i would just need to paint over the mouth with white paint and then paint the “beard” that he has and the mouth).

Hey @Ranger_Xevy i images of the torso, head and back printings from the Laval’s Journey game, do you know someone who can draw them as decails?

also have you found a different decal instruction?

If given the right measurements for a figure and some time I might be able to draw up some decals. as far as permanent decals go I recommend instead doing it like warhammer 40k decals. simply look up “Warhammer 40k decals” and pick your favorite result. W40k decals are usually applied over paint so the method used in those models should work on painted figures.

It is worth noting that Chima has some pretty darn detailed prints so to no matter how you create yours its gonna be hard to match “set quality”

well, here are the images i have added on my computer as of now. (the rest are on the phone)

Raven Veteran

Raven Bomber

Raven Warrior

Croc Sister

Croc Brother

Croc Veteran

Croc Huntress

Croc Hunter

I can try to match that. I will have to work out the measurements of a figure but it is doable.

2 Likes

the thing that i like is that the games, do introduce more female characters, like the Raven veteran and warrior, To bad LEGO did not release some of them, though to be honest not all of the minifigures are going to resive a major repaint like i have planed, for the Wolf characters like i have said, im more going for a minor paint job on the animal head, but mostly they are just going to resive a different decal on their torso and minifig head.

@Ranger_Xevy is it ok to use oil paint for this project? you see, the reason i ask is because my mother bought oil paint for my birthday (that was yesterday) and the reason she did that was because i told her a little bit about this project of mine, but i don’t know if oil paint will be useful for the project or not, seeing how i don’t know if it will cause harm to the minifigure (like you have said before)

2 Likes