Legend of Mata Nui - Lego IDEAS project

Hi everyone!

I’m new to this board, but a fan of Bionicle since 2001.

I’d like to share my freshly uploaded Lego IDEAS project:

Please consider supporting my project, if it’s to your liking!

It is a brick-built version of the early illustrations from Christian Faber, depicting the stones of Mata Nui and Makuta. (from the Faber files)

The beautifully sculpted Micro Mata Nui from Hpblue was a significant inspiration for the island contour seen from upper view. Also please support his project too!

Thanks! I’d love to become a member of this community.

mngx12

36 Likes

This is so cute. The shaping on Makuta looks especially great.

happy to support it! Makuta looks great!

Thanks! I had to rebuild them several times before the final version. I’m quite happy how they turned out at the end.

Nice MOC, but I feel like it’s a bit way too similar to Sokoda’s LEGO Ideas project, which already got 10.000 supporters.

In principle, yes. But even if it breaks 10K only to get rejected, hopefully not though, it still demonstrates to Lego immense interest and fan support of the Bionicle property.

2 Likes

Thanks! I see why you feel like that.
I wanted to grab a different aspect of the story though, when we knew nothing about what this whole new world is. Lots of interesting storylines came after that but this mistery has always been the most memorable part of Bionicle for me.

Really good build, I feel that it is missing something, maybe a brick built Vakama to tell the legend of the Bionicle.

Very nice work based on such a classic image. I’d definitely buy this. Supported!

amazing work

Just realized it’s to scale with the bonk figures. Really want this now.