Legends of Mythron Chapter 2 (Full)

This would be logical…

…if the story wasn’t 700 chapters. If the reader is given 700 parts to a massive puzzle of almost a dozen paragraphs each, they’re going to be extremely confused early in without any idea of the first 100, 200, or maybe even 300 chapters they read, a point of which they will have just lost interest.

5 Likes

you WHAT MATE.

You came to the wroooooooong neighborhood…[quote=“TheLeg0Br0ny, post:20, topic:29561, full:true”]
oh there are clues now please drop it im not telling any more of my plan for Mythron
[/quote]

so, please drop valid complaints about your story, where Chapter1 hasn’t been released yet?

i’m sorry, i can’t get over this.

If you have chapter 2 done, but not chapter 1, DELAY CHAPTER 2.

once again, seconded, joe.

Post chapter 1.

then i’ll try and judge your writing (again).

4 Likes

Some advice on storytelling: use a plot mountain.

This is the most basic way to set up a story. The exposition should be short, the rising action long, the climax short but exciting, the falling action sorta short, and then an ending.

More advice: show, don’t tell. A good writer explains surroundings and feelings, not events. I wouldn’t suggest making something too large either. Most authors don’t like writing long winded books because it’s easier on the peruser.

Space your paragraphs more too. A paragraph is usually 3-7 sentences. Big paragraphs intimidate readers.

Hope this advice helps.

13 Likes

waitwaitwaitwait
So
If you’re gonna do that Cawthon thing with the world of Mythron (I’d recommend against doing that, that is a terrible way to tell a story/develop a universe), yet have ~700+ chapters (a very unhealthy amount of chapters, could potentially be longer than the freakin’ Bible), then Mythron should already be quite built up when it’s done, with very little stuff left to interpretation.

Since you WANT the reader to interpret stuff on their own, much like Cawthon, then you’re gonna be reeeeeally out of luck, considering the amount of exposition necessary to give logic to events and to a character’s actions.

9 Likes

There’s a ton of run on sentences in the story, and the lack of commas help too. Also, as others have said, break up the large chunks a bit. Big chunks of words scare people away, so I’d probably say that spliting this into 2 chapters would be best.

And ditto on posting chapter 1 first. weneed the first chapter to tell us what universe we’re in. When I started it sounded like a fantasy/mideival times story, but then I hear stuff like lightspeed, rifle, cyberpeak, and I’m completly confused as to what the setting is.

12 Likes

I think this story could definitely succeed with some work. Grammar is key to making it look appealing. The actual story has a good idea behind it. A good suggestion would be, instead of making a chapter 2 before chapter 1, you could make this chapter 1 and work chapter 1 into a prequel of sorts. Or, if you will go back and do other stuff, make prequels.

Fleshing out the world would be a good idea too, but you could work it into writing your story too. One Piece (or the Bible) has over 750 chapters and it worked out great. And, I know not many people are fond of Cawthon stories so you may want to change that. So, here’s good luck to you and your story.

EDIT: Like others have said, @Chronicler gave great advice.

7 Likes

My goodness this is long. Once again,there’s too much exposition stuff, it just drags on for waaay too long on mostly minor details that it’s hard to get myself to read the whole thing. It would be best to follow @Chronicler’s advice.

Also, as others have mentioned it makes zero sense for chapter 2 to be released before chapter 1. It makes things ridiculously confusing. I felt the same as flipping through TV channels and then coming across a random episode of a show that has an overarching story.

10 Likes