LEGO acknowledges the Vahi

LEGO’s latest facebook post really caught my eye

“Can you discover a sign from the old days…”
LEGO has acknowledged the Vahi! Does this mean that there really could be a connection?

16 Likes

Makes me want twitter :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

“Old days” ehh?

1 Like

I knew it!
There has to be a connection.
#vahicloudHYPE

6 Likes

Wow. Interesting scoop. @IllustriousVar, @Eljay, @Mesonak, @Venom, @Kahi, would this merit a news video?

1 Like

No, it tells us nothing that we don’t already know. It’s obvious that the inclusion of the Vahi was intentional, that much is certain, but this still gives us no hints as to why- or if it means there’s story relevant connections outside of just a cameo/easter egg.

16 Likes

Oh, alright. I guess I jumped the gun a bit. :stuck_out_tongue:

Not sure if trolling us, or hinting at something game-changing.

5 Likes

And once again, LEGO is incredibly condescending to its fans, who are much smarter than they give them credit for

(as if they didn’t learn when set pictures came out three months before their intended reveal)

3 Likes

To be honest, I don’t think that LEGO is ever aiming their content for people any older than 12. Sure, they have Star Wars and stuff, but think of all the 5 year olds (including myself at the time) who love Star Wars. Plus, if you got the bionicle sets when you were younger, (Say, like me) you can still be about 10 and still have a love for the franchise. What I’m saying is, it shouldn’t be surprising that LEGO is, how we view it, being condescending. LEGO’s main market is younger than most of us here, and they aren’t as likely to spot the Vahi cameos as we are. And, let’s be honest, the majority of people aren’t as smart as we try to give them credit for.

Also, just because LEGO (Very indirectly, might I add) acknowledges the Vahi being in the animations, it doesn’t mean that any kind of connection is plausible, they’re just saying that there is imagery in the videos that is reminiscent of something from the old days.

8 Likes

To be fair, most people watching those probably wouldn’t have spotted the Vahi on their own.

I think the Vahi will probably show up in the story as just a small cameo to acknowledge a connection (of some kind) to old Bionicle. Personally I hope it plays a bigger role and actually does directly connect both versions.

2 Likes

No… we’re not. The comment section of any major LEGO YouTuber’s video is proof of that. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

A select number of us may be perfectly competent individuals within a community obsessed with fact-checking every single little thing twelve times over, but we are not Lego’s target audience.
I suspect that the majority of Bionicle fans around nine or ten years of age did not notice the Vahi easter eggs. I also think that this is partially due to the fact that most of them don’t know what the Vahi is. So I think this is Lego’s way of acknowledging that they know we know (… yep) while still keeping themselves kid-oriented(ish).

11 Likes

Actually, I believe what they’re trying to do is get some new fans to look back at the “old days,” so they can better understand BIONICLE, or just acknowledging it even though they know we all figured it out, just like how they had to act like they didn’t know so much stuff had leaked when they were presenting at NYCC.

2 Likes