LEGO Alpha Team Video Game [Jacket Mock-up]

Hello all, here’s a fun little project I did in a Photoshop class while I was studying graphic design at my local community college. The goal of the project was to create a realistic video game jacket (despite the fact that physical media is on it’s way out - we did a lot of seemingly archaic things in our program :stuck_out_tongue: ). Naturally, I decided to grab a bunch of my old Agents minifigs and have some fun photographing them in different poses and scenarios. From there it was just a matter of compositing everything together, creating some logos and informational text and writing up some official-sounding text content for the back cover. I managed to fit in a fair few easter eggs and references. See how many you can spot. :wink: Here’s a closer look at the full cover:

I had a lot of fun with this project and it was a great learning experience. That being said, I’ll probably redo it at some point in the future with higher-quality photos and some better-looking builds for the in-game screenshots.

Bonus: Here’s a look at desktop wallpaper and phone lockscreen promo art that I threw together as part of the original assignment submission (featuring a WIP version of the logo):

21 Likes

Okay, i might actually use the bottom one as a wallpaper.

1 Like

I enjoy the fact that it’s made by Ds games.

Really excellent work, extremely convincing!

1 Like

Dang, thanks! That’s very flattering.

Hah, yup, that’s actually based on my initials. [quote=“PakariNation99, post:3, topic:49859”]
Really excellent work, extremely convincing!
[/quote]

Thanks! I’ve had a lot of trouble photographing LEGO (I haven’t been able to find the right backdrop material, lamps, bulbs, lens and aperture settings) which is why I haven’t shared most of the dozens of MOCs I’ve made over the past couple years. But I’m taking some more photography courses this semester and I hope to be able to come up with a pretty solid system for quickly photographing both figs and larger models.

I shot the original photos for this jacket illustration a year and a half ago. Unforunately, the dark blue really wasn’t captured well and there’s a lot of annoying glare that I wasn’t fully able to remove in post-production. Ah well, better luck next time :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

new background.

1 Like

This looks so realistic! Great job!

1 Like

I want this game so badly… please LEGO, just do it!
Anyways, great Photoshop work. You might even be able to fool some people with it!

1 Like

@ProfSrlojohn, here are some alternate versions of the wallpapers. The first would should fit better on your desktop :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah, thank you! that will work much better!

1 Like

Love it, great work! Always nice to see others work Lego works into their class assignments.

2 Likes

Oooh man, during my final program exit evaluation in front of all my teachers one of them commented “of course Dan would have something LEGO-related. It’s always either LEGO or Star Wars” (though ironically never both together in any of my design classes).

1 Like