Lego Announces the Return of Bionicle!

Going to come out, I really want a continuation. I want to see all the plot holes filled, all the stories continued, but I know that the younger generation wouldn’t want to catch up on ten years of complex story. But, there is one pro to a reboot in my opinion. We won’t know everything right away. We won’t know that Ahkmou is really going to go traitor (there probably won’t even be an Ahkmou), we won’t know Teridax’s real name, we won’t know that Matoro is going to die, we won’t know any of it. It adds a level of mystery that a continuation wouldn’t give to anyone except us older fans.

3 Likes

look on the side of the head! the new masks will go on this head

I think it’ll be a new mold. The Glatorian heads are old, break like the old bone system, and those are axle connections.

2 Likes

I suspect the Brain Attack head might be used. I hope we see a new head, but Front’s assurances of its versatility and longevity make me think otherwise.

2 Likes

I got Furno XL, and I do think that the Brain Attack head seems very versatile. But what about those clips on the Mask of Creation?

Yeah, that’s definitely possible.

On the subject of heads…

Not sure how reliable it is to go off of this pic, since it’s obviously concept art, but if it’s anything to base opinions on then it looks like we may be getting an entirely new head.

5 Likes

We are.

1 Like

Brain stalks. My faith in Lego is restored!

5 Likes

Wow, brain stalks, boxes for the sets, AND gear functions!
LEGO is doing everything they can to please the fans with this theme.

7 Likes

Let’s hope they don’t do too much. I don’t want them sacrificing quality for fanservice.

2 Likes

everybody please don’t send me death threats in PMs but I will honestly say I prefer no gear functions.
I know some fans LOVE them, but I feel like they limit play-ability and sometimes (such as the Mata/Nuva, Metru, and Hordika) limit pose-ability.

3 Likes

From what we can see for these though. The arms still connect to ball joints, so posability might not be negatively impacted by the gears.

3 Likes

This is the one reason learning that all of the sets will be using gear functions didn’t change my opinion on them because these one won’t be limiting pose ability. So if I found a way to block the gear system, it would work perfectly like a set without one, giving people who don’t like gear functions the option to use them or not.

2 Likes

DUN. DUN. DUUUUUUUUUNNNNNN.

^ Invalid

1 Like