Lego Bionicle MOC: Makuta Tridax

yeah but im going for a 2008 asthetic, i don’t want to use fabric even if its from the ninjago sets. But thank you for the suggestion

2 Likes

In the event you end up wanting to experiment a little, you could try something like this: Joss Woodyard on Instagram: "Azazel ~ A big edgy demon guy built using the @bignicle frame. ~ Also saw this as an opportunity to use my prototype strakk mask i won from last year's #biocup The wing membranes are custom made with the help of @luigi1456andrew And i have to give a big thanks to @elly.j.gortonphotography for helping take pictures of this guy, I was struggling... A lot ~ Hope you all like him! #bionicle #bioniclemoc #biogram #lego #legomoc #legostagram #legophotography #legoart #afol #toyphotography #robot #mecha #demon #bignicle"

The wing membranes are made of cut up blue plastic folders!

It’s on my to-do list of things to try myself.

2 Likes

That looks gorgeous! But I kinda need articulated wings for bionicle ignition 3. Just can’t advertise here about it. Thanks btw! I wish you the best on your moc :slight_smile:

Just a reminder to everybody - it is Galva, not Gavla (though I understand the inclination).

1 Like

I found them on BrickLink, but I cannot find the original set they came from; The red and black Vahki blades, where’d those originate?

I think an old Exo-Force set had them, IIRC.

-Solaris Magnus

Thunder Fury (Exo Force)
7702-1

1 Like

Rad! Thank you. I would have never found that on my own.

1 Like

Loved that set growing up, exo force was such an awesome theme

3 Likes

I love this moc. And the madk is it from shapeways?

1 Like

Thanks! And nope, a friend of mine 3d printed it off of thingiverse, I am very happy with the result of it

1 Like

Wow! That mask in unsettling…

I like it!!

2 Likes

Hey look its a really good tridax moc! Can u tell em how to build it?

1 Like

I might be able to do a how-to in the future once I am done filming for bionicle shadows in the sky (ignition 3)

wait.You filmed those masterpieces of videos?

1 Like

No I did not. However, NoahProductions has shown a lot of support towards the project for its level of quality compared to the previous films

Wow, this is great!

1 Like

I am glad you like it

Didn’t expect this post to blow up so recently. I guess it might be due in part with the contests. Regardless I will indulge you all with a written review about this model. Let us begin.

Hello fellow compatriots to yet another MOC! This time I will be showing you the one of the first up to scale MOC of Makuta Tridax. At least since June 8th of 2020. Which comes to show how long this model has lingered. Standing at a height of 12.25 inches (31.115 CM) tall to the head and with a wingspan of 22.5 inches or 57.15 CM, it is certainly a heavy unit. As a disclaimer if you don’t feel like reading the link to watch the video is still active and can be viewed at anytime.

The model was made solely for presence and stability for stop motion purposes. As such with the images provided in this post show just how stable this MOC truly is. Of course given the design purpose for having it used in animation has allowed the figure a great level of articulation while keeping true to the 2008 aesthetic. Due to that, the model lacks any fabric in the wings as to not make things difficult when it comes to keying but also keeping true to 2008. Though I kept my best in limiting the usage any 08 sockets. Though great in terms of friction they might be too brittle if anything were to fall during filming. Especially for a figure at this size. The wings can also naturally unfurl and can hold their weight very effectively for any shot. Furthermore Tridax comes packaged with his trademarked Tridax pod! It can be ejected from his chest using a custom torso build. A torso which I might add is not an 08 makuta torso. Instead, Tridax utilizes a Inika torso for the tippy top of his torso build laying flat. Akin to the Skrall we know and love so much but with a twist.

Well that is all I have to say so if you are curious about what animation this guy is going to be in, just follow your intuition. Can’t really advertise here due to guidelines. But it has to do something about a car ignition? Faber ignition? shrek 2 ignition? I don’t know I forgot. I look forward to chat with you all some more.

1 Like

i hope it’s this one

1 Like