Lego Bionicle MOC: Makuta Tridax

https://youtu.be/nLH1Hce7tWQ![20200603_184743|666x500](upload://h12nRh4uqnIEgyI5O7LuIONimrc.jpeg)

Edit:
I wrote a review for those who like to read

55 Likes

That olmak tho ._.

Fantastic MOC, love that you actually got purple in there!

-Solaris Magnus

3 Likes

Thanks!

Now this is one outstanding job! That shapeshifed Makuta Olmak :ok_hand:
Who made the mask?
I hope to see this around once the Tridax contest comes around.

2 Likes

Thanks! I am glad you like it. The mask was made by Gavla, here you are:

4 Likes

his wings are a bit too spindly imo and the mask looks strange but I like it for the most part

1 Like

Understandable about the wings, kinda hard to make big wings without relying on fabric. As for the mask i think the design that Gavla did is great for a Makuta variant of the Olmak which Tridax canonically had. If anyone is to blame about the mask it would be greg for stating he did have the olmak. But thank you, I’ll do better next time

1 Like

some of the ninjago dragon sets have big wing covers so i guess you can try to incorporate them? but its up to you how you want to design your mocs

yeah but im going for a 2008 asthetic, i don’t want to use fabric even if its from the ninjago sets. But thank you for the suggestion

2 Likes

In the event you end up wanting to experiment a little, you could try something like this: Joss Woodyard on Instagram: "Azazel ~ A big edgy demon guy built using the @bignicle frame. ~ Also saw this as an opportunity to use my prototype strakk mask i won from last year's #biocup The wing membranes are custom made with the help of @luigi1456andrew And i have to give a big thanks to @elly.j.gortonphotography for helping take pictures of this guy, I was struggling... A lot ~ Hope you all like him! #bionicle #bioniclemoc #biogram #lego #legomoc #legostagram #legophotography #legoart #afol #toyphotography #robot #mecha #demon #bignicle"

The wing membranes are made of cut up blue plastic folders!

It’s on my to-do list of things to try myself.

2 Likes

That looks gorgeous! But I kinda need articulated wings for bionicle ignition 3. Just can’t advertise here about it. Thanks btw! I wish you the best on your moc :slight_smile:

Just a reminder to everybody - it is Galva, not Gavla (though I understand the inclination).

1 Like

I found them on BrickLink, but I cannot find the original set they came from; The red and black Vahki blades, where’d those originate?

I think an old Exo-Force set had them, IIRC.

-Solaris Magnus

Thunder Fury (Exo Force)
7702-1

1 Like

Rad! Thank you. I would have never found that on my own.

1 Like

Loved that set growing up, exo force was such an awesome theme

3 Likes

I love this moc. And the madk is it from shapeways?

1 Like

Thanks! And nope, a friend of mine 3d printed it off of thingiverse, I am very happy with the result of it

1 Like

Wow! That mask in unsettling…

I like it!!

2 Likes