Lego Digital Designer vs Normal Lego building

What do all of you think of LDD?

Do you like or prefer it over actual building?

I’d like to know what you all think!

Personally, I’m a big fan.

7 Likes

It’s a cool alternative.

I would mostly recommend it for those without enough money to buy gobs of Lego

2 Likes

Or just the people who don’t want to make a mess.

I’m waiting for the day every G1 piece is in the system.

This looks like an actual set.

2 Likes

I take this as a compliment, thanks!

I made another topic with more images if you’re interested.

Speaking of which, I love that LDD doesn’t restrict you to only pieces that have been made in colors of real sets.

1 Like

I use to have that a long time ago-but I thought they shut it down.

I guess it was brought back?

I don’t think they ever shut it down, just stopped updating it.

1 Like

Their are some part were legal connection isn’t valid here and there, but I tend to use it since I don’t have the time to throw my parts on the table.

Also theirs already a LDD topic, but it got locked for reasons.

2 Likes

I searched for a general discussion topic of it. All I found was something talking about it getting shut down.

I like it, but I think it takes too long to get the bricks

2 Likes

I prefer normal.

But that’s cause I’d rather scramble through a pile of parts to find the one piece I’m looking for rather than scrolling through a list

2 Likes

You can make more legit things in LDD than in IRL, but the building process is pretty tedious. As an LDD MoCcer myself, I’ve gotten used to the tediousness.

4 Likes

Going to have to be one of those people to say that building things in real life over “newfangled technology” is better.

I mean, there’s something to be said about holding a MOC in your hands, putting it on a shelf for all the world to see, or showing it off to your friends with every angle and point of articulation at your disposal.

3 Likes

Well, every point of articulation and angle is still available in LDD.

You also don’t have to pay for parts.

There’s a fundamental difference, in my mind, between changing what is ultimately a 2D depiction of a 3D model on a screen and rotating and moving something tangible.

2 Likes

Of course there is, I agree. But is still gives you the objective functionality of building with Legos in a mess-free, infinite-piece, cost-free way.

Normal. LDD apparently finds legal designs apparently illegal and it’s parts choice is so limited it hurts.

WHO PUTS IN THE EYESTALK AND NOT THE HEAD
THERE’S NOT EVEN A MASK

1 Like

I would like it if you gave me an example of this.

With constraction, perhaps, but system has most parts the average builder needs.

I don’t specifically remember the specific design that it somehow considered illegal, but I can assure you it was in a LEGO set and it was illegal (in LDD)
Although in some cases I was able to get parts to meld together and not be considered illegal so that’s a thing.

I trust that this happened but I’d have to know the technique to agree.