LEGO Disney/Pixar Topic

They could totally do the haunted mansion.

But that makes me wonder, will they do sets for the live-action movies coming out?

And they need to release a Winnie the Pooh CMF, I would buy that thing up in a hearbeat.

Winnie the pooh was my early childhood

2 Likes

Oh hey.

Nice joke…

3 Likes

Gotta love that Maui BigFig.

7 Likes

It’s probably the only thing I like in the set.

3 Likes

Huh…looks pretty…bad…like unfinished…

2 Likes

That hook…doesn’t look much like a hook… just looks like a giant question mark or a candy cane

3 Likes

I wish it was its own new piece. that would have been super cool.

1 Like

Elsa’s Ice Palace was revealed.

It looks pretty accurate and seems to have some pretty cool trans. blue pieces, but I’m still not a fan of the minidolls.

4 Likes

The monster is really disappointing.

1 Like

The palace looks good, but this also seems to tie into the sequel short that was released…

I kinda want LEGO to make sets out of the live action remakes…cause yeah…

1 Like

I’d buy that set if it wasn’t Frozen.

1 Like

ice giant mvp of the set.

21317 Steamboat Willie revealed, will retail at $89.99 US.

This build feels very finished, with more tiling than typical of most sets. Love the combo of prefab and slope parts for the hull, and while the paddle’s a bit bulky for my liking, the function with the smoke stacks works seamlessly. Figures are also great with that silver touch.

The price, however, isn’t great. While the plaque gives us a spare “1928” print, it feels superfluous and bumps up the piece count. Would’ve rather had that omitted and have this set be $5 cheaper. If I can find this at a good $70 or less, than it’s definitely worth the buy.

5 Likes

This set kinda breaks the rules. So many Ideas projects have been rejected because of the “no new molds” rule. Now out of sudden we get new molds for the hats of Mikey and Minnie.
The ideas project it was based of was in no way even close to what this set is. The original set was a mini scale, while this set is full scale.
It’s not fair to me how so many better projects out there were rejected in favor of this…

1 Like

I really do love this set…but…I’ve said it on Instagram but I swear this set looked like it was $40 to me. It’s cool to get the functions and all, and some of the prints are nice as well, yet even with the Disney licensing and the piece count I still feel this should be around $60 or so. $90? Woooow. That’s not good.

Like for $30 more you can get the Saturn V.

This is coming from a guy who really gives some leeway on the pricing of sets.

On a side note, this will sell like hot cakes. And probably stick around forever.

3 Likes

Not anymore. This just got revealed Disney collectable minifigures series 2 revealed! | Brickset!

I guess they decided that they wanted to have them in the minifig series as well as the set. A difference though is that the minifig series ones don’t have the silver detailing like the set ones do

2 Likes

I know, they just got revealed Yesterday.
By the way, I don’t really like the new Disney series. Most of them have lame accessories, and look terrible (practically Jack and Sally). Also why do we need 3 Ducks that are nothing but recolors of each other? And Chip and Dale… Seriously? We could have got better/more well known characters instead. The only ones that look decent are Anna Elsa, Frozone and Edna. The rest or them either look bad or have lame accessories.
I am sorry to say it but I am personally very disappointed with this series. The first one was a lot better.

What’s wrong with Chip and Dale?

2 Likes

As a fan of Disney, I personally am not a fan of the TV Shows/shorts they have done. They don’t appear in any movie. And are probably the least iconic from the whole series. We could have gotten some better characters instead. Also making them minifigures when they are supposed to be small chipmunks doesn’t work in my opinion.

They’re iconic Disney classics, whilst not A-list they’re certainly popular

When has Lego been bothered about scale In these series?

3 Likes