LEGO Disney Vignettes: Alice and Ariel

As you may not know, I’m a pretty huge Disney fan, so when the Disney CMFs were revealed, I was ecstatic.

Once I finally got them, though, I kind of felt like they needed something to compliment their awesome minifiguriness.

These small and trashy WIP vignettes are what I came up with.

So the first one up is based off of Alice’s encounter with the Cheshire Cat in the classic Disney Film Alice in Wonderland.

It’s not exactly the best representation of the scene, which I’m hoping to fix with my possible second version.

Here’s my least favorite of the two,

This was my attempt at creating the most memorable scene from The Little Mermaid, but failing miserably.

Criticism is highly welcomed, since I really don’t know where to go with these.

Also, if you have a recommendation on what other Disney CMF vignette I should build next, that’d be pretty helpful.

32 Likes

Cool!

1 Like

I think they’re petty cool (Alice being the better 0f the two)

1 Like

Both are pretty cool. I’d actually say that the Ariel one has more potential, but the figure itself is too stiff.

those waves tho :open_mouth:

6 Likes

You can blame the tail for that

It limits what I can really do with the fig.

btw, Thanks! :smile:

2 Likes

I think both look equally good, but I’ll agree the splashing effect of Ariel’s looks a little odd.

1 Like

You should do the one where Captain America and Peter pan have a duel on the death star

6 Likes

Um

No

that’s

no

4 Likes

Don’t bring yourself down here! These are really nice MOCs that compliment the figures well extremely. I would definitely want these if they were released as sets.

3 Likes

Oh wow.

Thanks, man!

1 Like

I think these are pretty swell, though I haven’t seen either movie since I was a smol child.

I’d love to see the dinner scene from Beauty and the Beast, or the carpet ride from Aladdin!

3 Likes

Unfortunately, LEGO didn’t make either a Belle or Beast minifig. Sad, I know.

Of course, maybe a “claw” vignette would be cool: it’s viable, and Toy Story always hits the nostalgia button.

Oh, and I forgot to comment on the loveliness of the Alice in Wonderland one. I can’t say much about TLM, though; I’ve seen it once, and I know it’s a good movie, but I don’t recall the scene. Pretty good, though.

3 Likes

But Jogn, LEGO has only made Mini-doll versions of Belle, Beast, Jasmine, two of which I do not own.

I could possibly do something revolving around he carpet.[quote=“Mistah_Grammaticul, post:12, topic:23356”]
Of course, maybe a “claw” vignette would be cool: it’s viable, and Toy Story always hits the nostalgia button.
[/quote]

Oooh

Sounds great

3 Likes

RIP in RAP

Edit: Well, you could maybe do something with Aladdin and the Genie. Or Captain Hook getting eaten by a giant crocodile.

3 Likes

I like the Ariel one better. Maybe you can try to raise her torso up a bit so it looks more dramatic, like it does in the actual scene?

Can I recommend Peter Pan and Captain Hook fighting on a plank over some crocodiles?

1 Like

They’re both decent. Ariel suffers from being a minifig and those waves are pretty blocky. But, I have not doubt you can do better.

1 Like

I wish I could

Her tail ruins her articulation.[quote=“Chronicler, post:15, topic:23356”]
Can I recommend Peter Pan and Captain Hook fighting on a plank over some crocodiles?
[/quote]

Why sure.

Thanks, Cronk! :smile:

I could probably fix up the waves, but Ariel…

I’ll probably end up replacing her tail for minifig legs.

1 Like

I am not a big Disney fan (More of a Dreamworks guy) but these are pretty cool!

2 Likes

3 Likes