Lego Hero Factory MOC: Firelord

Hello Fellow compatriots to yet another MOC! this time I am trying to make the worst of the worst as best as it can possibly be. That’s right I have done a fully articulated Fire Lord and fixed the colors. When building this moc i really wanted to focus not only part accessibility but also a build that wasn’t so reliant on Technic or the ball joints/voodoo ball pieces. The figure has actual functioning ankles with feet that isn’t glatorian necks but rather ccbs bones to make up its construction. Though to be honest i wanted to try this new body design with Firelord before i try to perfect it further with other builds which is kinda poetic in its own way. Well anyways i hope you all enjoy!

Here is a in-depth review!

22 Likes

I am gonna be honest, this MOC isn’t much of an improvement over the actual set. I feel like the colors in the original set were a lot better than here. On top of that, I feel like you haven’t actually fixed the biggest problem with the original set, that being the leg design.
Still though, Fire Lord revamps aren’t something you see very often, so I definitely appreciate the attempt.

1 Like

I for one never had a problem with Fire Lord’s legs. I think the fact that you can see his inner structure gives him some junkyard-monster vibes which I love.

I really like your take on the character, and how poseable he is! I love how you pulled out the feet especially.

3 Likes

noice

1 Like

I like it, but I wish there was more to it. It feels a bit too much like a normal Lego made set.

1 Like

The legs are different, as you can see the whole frame is upside down. With the ball joints going up into the pelvis. Not only that but if the legs were the same you would not have the ankles work the way I have it. Plus the colors on the original model was messy. I removed the orange for a reason and replaced it with transparent orange for the firey effect

1 Like

The goal was to make it look like a lego made set. I imagined if I was one of the lego designers that would make firelord “how would I go about it?” And this is what I came up with while remaining in a reasonable parts count

The legs look fine except for the outer upper corner. Those are a bit exposed

Thanks! And yeah I loved the original set. But I thought I could make him better since I have heard complaints about the big lad himself over the years. Guess you can’t please everyone :sweat_smile: but hey, at least I can get more poses out of this one

Wait, a Tributron MOC without a function!? Is this even legal!?

Okay, jokes aside, this is really nice. I think there isn’t anything bad about the upper body, it’s a standard CCBS build if I’ve seen one. But the legs just make the whole thing for me. Their construction is really clever, it improves the look of the figure and still doesn’t require much technic, kinda makes me want to revamp Firelord myself!

3 Likes

XD happy you like it! And by all means go forth in taking a swing at one. Play well and happy building

1 Like