Lego Overwatch Discussion/Speculation Topic

I don’t think any one else has made one of these yet, so I decided to. What are you are looking forward to in the new Overwatch Lego theme? is there anything you have concerns about? Any set ideas? Well, this topic is for any and everything that you might have to stay regarding the theme.

6 Likes

Do we know what system it’ll use? It could be constraction figures. If so I’d totally get reaper. Maybe genji depending on which skin they use

5 Likes

If only, then I might see some point/interest to it.

1 Like

If I’ not mistaken, construction figures are planned, but everything is subject to change, so take everything with a grain of salt. I am hoping that we get a Gravies sized Reindhart.

4 Likes

… If this is proven true my investment in this will happen.

2 Likes

Im getting sets regardless but oh man if they brjng constraction figures in my love for lego will most likely rekindle.

2 Likes

I am curious as to what the system sets will be.

1 Like

It was practicallg confirmed there will be sets of maps, im just curious as to what a constraction d.va would look like

2 Likes

I could also see them making brickheadz.

1 Like

I checked the Brickset article, what confirmation do we have of constraction?

3 Likes

That’d be fun. I love the character designs for Overwatch, but I’ve never been able to afford it

3 Likes

I didn’t think we’ve are getting any construtaction sets, because of Hasbro also getting the master toy license that means action figures, Lego might do some System sets, and that’s it.

3 Likes

Wait, is this for real or just a rumor? If it’s real, I’m totally going to start playing it.

1 Like

RIP

@AnimationError No, it is not just a rumor, TTV made a video on it.

1 Like

Where are you getting that information from? The article that first mentioned it only said,

“Additionally, LEGO® Group has plans for multiple Overwatch building sets across various price points.”

Honestly, I’m pretty excited about this. Overwatch is huge right now (though maybe not as huge as in 2016), and Lego is doing good to capitalize on that. The Lego Movie kinda helped to catapult Lego back into the mainstream, but there’s still a social stigma attached to it. Getting Overwatch’s audience (12-18) back into Lego would be a great thing.

Personally, while I would love to see Overwatch constraction figures, I don’t think it’s likely. Star Wars constraction hasn’t exactly been performing great, and I highly doubt Lego would take a risk like that on an IP this important. I could easily see Brickheadz being a thing, but considering it mentions multiple price points, I don’t think that’s right either. My assumption is that the line will be 5-7 system sets that are (roughly) based on maps from Overwatch. For example,

Eichenwalde Attack! ($40)
The evil Talon agents are attacking the fortress of Eichenwalde! You must defend against them, and stop the payload!

• Includes 4 minifigures: Reinhardt, Mercy, Reaper, and Talon Soldier
  • Also includes Bastion constructed from bricks!
  • Protect your allies with Reinhardt’s brickbuilt shield!
  • Use the payload battering ram to open the door to the castle!
  • Transform Bastion into turret or tank mode!

Obviously I have no idea what the actual sets will be, but I feel that style of set would work very well. At any rate, whether it be system, Brickheadz, or constraction, I will be content.

8 Likes

Oh, your right, I misread “construction” as “constraction”, my bad.

4 Likes

Has anyone read anything about when we can be expecting the first sets?

2 Likes

slurm you missed your calling

go work for lego’s marketing department, I think you have their style down

Honestly Overwatch Lego doesn’t interest me that much. I ended up getting Overwatch last night and I do enjoy the game, but I have every suspicion that the sets will be far too pricy for what they offer

If we get a Sombra minifigure I’m obligated to get it somehow though

5 Likes

I’ll buy a bastion, but that’s probably be it

1 Like

Literally the only thing we have is that single sentence I mentioned. Considering we know what’s coming in the summer, I would say they could arrive this winter at the earliest, but more likely next year.

Slime’s Refusal ($20)
Ekorak says Slime is good at writing descriptions, but it’s actually not that hard to do! Press back against these claims and save face!

• Includes 2 minifigures: Slime, and Ekorak
  • Use the truth cannon to blast Ekorak away!
  • Cry because you don’t have a real career right now, and writing descriptions for LEGO would probably be a good gig!
  • Fire the flick-fire missiles!
11 Likes