LEGO Pirates Topic

Pirates, one of The LEGO Groups’s Evergreen Themes. Starting in 1989, years after the first three got their start, This swashbuckling theme is now on its Third Major Reboot. Filled with new animal molds, Giant Pirate Ships, and at least one Red-Bearded Pirate Captain, it definitely has alot going for it.

Which Iteration of Pirates is your favorite? Do you count it as an Evergreen Theme? Who would win in a fight: Captain Red Beard, Captain Brickbeard, or Captain Redbeard?

5 Likes

Yay, I love Pirates. I have yet to buy an actual Pirate Ship, because I’m waiting for the perfect one. :smile:

1 Like

My first Lego set ever was the 4+ pirate ship, but I was never into the theme much otherwise.

1 Like

I’ve always wanted the Lego Pirates ship, but never had enough money for it.

As for other sets, it’s always fun to have these Lego Pirates storming British forts and other awesome stuff. While some of the new Lego Pirates sets look good, I much preferred the last line much better.

2 Likes

I love pirates, though they were way before and after my childhood. The only one I ever got was the 2001 rerelease of Enchanted Island. I begged my parents nonstop for it that year and it became my favorite Christmas gift.

http://lego.brickinstructions.com/06000/6292/001.jpg

2 Likes