Lego Pokémon

Picture this - all of your school friends are out of state, you can’t contact your club friends because you don’t have their email or a phone, and there aren’t any kids your age in the neighborhood. Well, that was me last summer, and because of this I naturally decided to spend an entire month building Pokémon figures.

I don’t remember what order I built them in, other than Empoleon was first.

Reshiram - I remember this one using most of the white big teeth parts that my collection contained. It was pretty fun to build but challenging because it’s all white.

Zekrom - This one was, for a short time, my mom’s favorite model. She thought the limbs were cool and when I showed her the reference image I used, she thought it looked pretty accurate. However, Zekrom is no longer her favorite.

Dialga - The most “recent” one I built. It was actually completed last year but I haven’t built any Pokémon since, so it will remain that way for a while. I had plans at the time to build Palkia when I could place a BrickLink order, but I’ve been too lazy - I MEAN… I haven’t had the time to search for a seller.

Giratina - This one is my mom’s current favorite. I haven’t asked her why in a while but I believe it was because of the head and wings. She really liked the way it looked like some sort of Asian dragon. This was also, I’m pretty sure, an old friend from Scratch’s favorite when I posted it there.

Arceus - This is one of the better ones. Somewhere I have a stand for it so it can be floating like it does in some of the pictures, but I can’t find said stand. Its ring is technically illegal, but it works fairly well so I’m not going to try to replace it.

Ultra Necrozma and regular Necrozma - Both built for other people. Regular Necrozma was built first for a guy I “knew” on a Minecraft server. He thought Necrozma would have been cool in Smash Bros, and honestly, I kind of agree. Ultra Necrozma was built for someone on Scratch who followed me when I was still building these models. Ultra Necrozma was the user’s favorite Pokémon, so I thought “why not.”

Yveltal - It’s pronounced “yah-vel-TAL,” not “ee-VEL-tal…” This one was a lot of fun to make because I had to figure out how to make its long yet thin wings and tail. What’s more, while I don’t have it shown in the pictures, Yveltal DOES have the grey markings on the tail and wings.

Xerneas - Honestly, this one was just because I had Yveltal. And Yveltal was because I had built Zygarde first. So, all in all, Xerneas was an afterthought. Its collar was a bit tricky, but I think it turned out pretty well.

Zygarde - One of my favorite models I’ve ever built. I was pretty proud of how the legs and head turned out. This model is also pretty simple to make, so if people really wanted it I could make instructions. And, as I mentioned previously, it was the first out of the X and Y legendaries that I built.

Hisuian Zoroark and Typhlosion - These two were some of the first Pokémon I built. Zoroark took me about an hour because I had to find all of my little white limb pieces and come up with functional arm and leg designs. Typhlosion was based on a YouTuber’s design I found, but I modified it pretty heavily to make the Hisuian version. I actually have two Typhlosion models, one to represent my starter, Capitán, and the other to represent another Typhlosion I caught, Capitana (notice a naming scheme?).

Mewtwo and Urshifu - Mewtwo is my favorite legendary Pokémon and was for a while my main in Smash Bros Ultimate, so I thought it would be cool to have a little model of it. At the risk of sounding prideful, I think the way I made the legs just the right amount of “thicc” was kind of clever. Concerning Urshifu, the headband is made from two tooth pieces shoved into a 1x1 with a hole, so the headband is actually illegally connected.

Metagross and Genesect - Metagross was originally going to be dark blue, but I didn’t have the parts. At the end of the day, I think regular blue is better for it. Genesect is a bit rough because I don’t have many purple parts, but I think it came out alright.

Empoleon and Sceptile - Empoleon was the first Pokémon I made and is mostly the same as a design I found on YouTube. However, I have modified the head and wings, so I didn’t entirely steal the design. I was originally going to make Piplup, but I didn’t have enough light blue pieces and I didn’t want to make a BrickLink order for it. Sceptile was built because of a YouTuber I like (and who I “quoted” earlier in this post). I don’t think I’ll ever try to get this to that YouTuber, but I think the design of it is pretty good.

Alakazam and Decidueye - Alakazam was supposed to have spoons to hold, but I couldn’t find the spoon pieces that I had. Eventually I’ll get them. Decidueye was one of the trickier designs to make because of the source material. I’m red-green colorblind and I didn’t have my glasses at this point so I couldn’t tell what was brown and what was green. I kept having to ask my mom what colors things were.

Hitmonchan and Kabutops - Not much to say about these two. They were kind of afterthoughts because I didn’t know what else to build but I liked the two.

Scizor and Obstagoon - Probably the best non-legendary Pokémon I built. Scizor was built when I caught a Scizor in Legends: Arceus. Obstagoon was built after I found an Obstagoon card in a store in Oregon. My dad likes Obstagoon a little bit because he thinks Kiss and Gene Simmons are cool (I mean like they kind of ARE cool…).

Those are all the Pokémon I have still built. I HAD a Duraludon, Misdreavus, Incineroar, Honchkrow, and Kleavor, but I had to take them apart for various reasons. Tell me what you think! If you’re interested in any of them, I’m willing to post break-down photos and/or instructions.

22 Likes

Nice! I like these.

4 Likes

Awesome. You can really tell what each one is very easily.

4 Likes

I like Hitmonchan in particular, especially those helmet gloves. Nice job

3 Likes

Dialga is my favourite, looks like it could be a real Lego set.

2 Likes

Nice! My personal favorites are genesect and scizor.

2 Likes

I agree with the other people, Xerneas is the best.

2 Likes