LEGO Prototypes Discussion

That Mata Nui looks fairly similar to the final, except the weapon and hands are different, I think the Ignika might be a different shape, the Metru chest cover appears to be on the back instead of the front, and the Mistika chestplate appears to be one pin lower.
EDIT: After looking at the scan on BioMedia Project, he’s facing away from the camera, meaning that the Metru chest cover is on the front and not the back.

Could you post these images again, links went dead.

it’s very ugly, that’s for sure.
maybe it’s marendar?

5 Likes

I thought it was supposed to be tren krom

nah, tren krom’s red

There’s one photo of the sphere carrier I’m aware of (from this topic), assuming that’s what you’re looking for.

Is that an actual prototype?

4 Likes

well i found it on Biosector01, don’t know what it si though.

I haven’t done any research on it yet, but based on the parts used and general appearance, I suspect that this guy’s an early draft of one of the 2008 makuta

3 Likes

Huh, you’re right. I’m just surprised because I did a deep-dive on the prototypes like a month ago and it wasn’t there :sweat_smile:

This model was revealed during the 8/10 Contributors Panel is why you fake fan!!1!

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure the assumptions about it being tren krom were born entirely from it being jokingly referred to as “beard krom”

I don’t think the concept of marendar had been created when this prototype was made but I could be wrong.

1 Like

That’s actually pretty cool

3 Likes

Even though it’s a pretty low-quality picture, I feel like someone somewhere out there would be able to make a fairly accurate recreation of that.

2 Likes

That’s something I would definitely love to see. People have done crazier things with less. And actually, if the post way upthread is anything to go by, there are more images/screencaps of the carrier than the one I posted. All you’d need is a physical copy of Legends of Metru Nui and some spare time to go through the bonus features.

… Anyone game?

3 Likes

Thats just probably russian alphabet really, not different names.

Okay, I have a prototype picture to discuss, but I’m unclear on the rules of this topic. If it has a “PRELIMINARY” stamp, I can’t post it?

1 Like

multiple other people in this topic have posted images that say “Confidential” and “Preliminary image” on them, so I guess it’s fine.

If those kinds of images weren’t allowed, I imagine that they would have be removed by now

Then credit to pack for this one:

[image with preliminary stamp removed because i’m afraid of being ip-banned]

All Our Sins Remembered and Fall and Rise of the Skrall depict Baterra in several places, and it’s believed that these were drawn based on some prototype models that we haven’t been able to find. Here, Speeda Demon is wearing the helmet of one of those Baterra prototypes, except with some hot rod wings attached.

9 Likes

wait
that actually looks really cool.
the baterra helmet I mean

It certainly looks similar to what we’ve seen of the Baterra, but I’m not sure it’s the same hypothetical piece:

That looks like a Hero Factory head, not a Glatorian head.

Unless CCBS was going to be implemented as early as the cancelled wave of Glatorian sets?

6 Likes