LEGO Prototypes Discussion

08 was bad for me and still is in my eyes because of horrible events that happened to me. such things I cannot even begin to vocalize, 08’s flaws just added to the strain and as thus I will NEVER see it as others, perhaps younger, perhaps older fans see it as.

There are may reasons why I hate 08

The builds

The Masks (mostly Kopaka, Tahu, Gali, and Lewa’s (though be it Lewa’s mask looked better than his nuva counterpart, plus it was sort of modeled after the noble one, and the noble mask to me can look like what ever compared to their counterparts))

That prototype Pohatu looks pretty menacing. Those blue pins…

This thing is the Kraatu. Apparently, its instructions appeared on the site in 2004, but it never saw the light of day.

15 Likes

Not to be rude or anything, but you shouldn’t attribute the flaws of a line based off your own personal events. It might have terrorized you for life, but it shouldn’t make your opinion.

@smugleafthesmug Correct me if I’m wrong, but does Pohatu have a cannon sticking out of his chest? That is strangely awesome. :smile:

7 Likes

Pohatu’s build should have been given to Onua (though not the finalized mask)

While where on the topic of builds I think that

Tahu should have gotten Lewa’s build

Gali should have gotten Onua’s build

Lewa should have gotten Tahu’s build

Pohatu should have gotten Gali’ build

Onua should have gotten Pohatu’s build

and Kopaka’s build was fine, but his lens sould have been on the other side.

5 Likes

No, he’s just holding the cannon near his chest.

Oh… [Hype decreased]

[quote=“Rockho, post:241, topic:768”]
Concept art of the swamp-adapted (Mistika) Kaukau Nuva
[/quote]Looks awesome
however it’d look horrible on Gali

And that mask of life is cool,too.

3 Likes

It seems to be attached to a metrutoran foot by a metrutoran limb.

He can’t be holding the gun since his other hand is holding a propeller.

So, @PluralLego, you can remain hyped.

9 Likes

Bionicle’s Warpath could be a thing :smiley:! But… These… are only… Prototypes… Oh. :cry:

4 Likes

Yeah. pretty sure as others mentioned its a chest cannon… wonder if this was the inspiration for Korgot :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Original magazine source for the Inika prototypes if anyone is interested:

7 Likes

It seems to be chronicling the Tale of the Bionicle (Slightly, and when I mean slightly, I mean Cereal Box material) as it mentions Kanohi, Kanoka, the '01 Mctoran, The Toa Metru and such. Also,

It looks like somebody forgot the renaming of a few of the McToran. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

I’ve been a fan since 2001, and I think they were fine. Same with my brother.

(muffled snickering)

-MT

12 Likes

Prototype Toa Mata or Prototype Voodoo Head.

Prototype Nektan

Prototype Vamprah

16 Likes

That top one isn’t a prototype Mistika; I’ve heard that it’s either a Doohead or a prototype Toa Mata (basically the same thing)

2 Likes

Why would they make Vamprah human?

15 Likes

[quote=“RECspiriah, post:261, topic:768”]
Prototype Nektan
[/quote]I would’ve taken this over five piece version! :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

HAH.
Nothing is really different about those except the launchers :stuck_out_tongue:

FUN FACT YO
The squid launcher model there was used in the Barraki Bio Animations. You know, the little animation loops that played on their Bio pages.

I loved that piece when I first saw it and was very disappoint to find it was not real ;-;

4 Likes

Has anyone tried to build them like this? I kinda want to see what they’d look like when built that way. :3 Also, those Inika masks are pretty sick! :smiley:

3 Likes

mmmm…nah.
While i agree that the mistika were truly a pile of garbage, the phantoka were almost hands-down my favourite g1 sets. While the mistika took the armour aspect too far (did the set designers have a silver fetish?) i felt that the phantoka were solid, and the colours blended well, especially for the makuta. keep in mind, i’m not bashing the mistika makuta, only the toa.

there’s my two cents.

2 Likes