Legomaster's Brickfête 2016 Experience

Amazing. This is the kind of experience that would make me giddy.

1 Like

:santa: I’m having a hard time finding a low price Bionicle lot on eBay, some of the cheaper price have like $20 shipping.

1 Like

Yeah, shipping can be an absolute nightmare due to how big and bulky lots are. It’s ultimately up to you to weigh the cost/savings and decide for yourself how much you’re willing to spend.

Personally, my best source for BIONICLE G1 bulk lots is other AFOLs. Many MOCers seem to have really good luck and buy up lots of garage sale lots. They sort out BIONICLE parts (which they don’t have a use for) and are often more then happy to unload it with people like us instead of having it sitting in a box in their basement. Unfortunately, they normally sort out all the TECHNIC elements (you win some, you lose some I guess).

2 Likes

Man, this looks awesome. Makes me wish I had a convention around my area, even if it was just a small one. Quite a nice haul of parts too.
In short, I’m jelly. XP

2 Likes

Is that Slime and Meso? :no_mouth:

7 Likes

Yes it is. Meso’s is pretty old. Old enough for this to be his second Brickfête (not sure if he’s gonna be able to make it next year though). As for @Political_Slime’s MOC, I’ll try to upload decent pics of him once I come up with a more accurate head design.

How about making a road trip? Alternatively, there’s probably a LUG near you, which is the next best to conventions once you turn 18.

4 Likes

I don’t know who that orange dude is, but he’s awesome.

Man, when I turn 18, I’m hitting the road for Brickfete. See you in 4 years @legomaster1378

And goodness, that’s going to be some drive. I may have to fly, but that will largely limit what I can take there and bring home.

1 Like

You mean this orange dude?

Ha, that’d be epic!

Yeah, several people fly from coast to coast (or the equivalent) to get to cons. It might actually be more cost-effective then driving.

1 Like

Yup.
It’s pretty awesome.

1 Like

That looks like such a fun event, really makes me wish there was some LEGO convention near my area.

2 Likes

You feel up to road tripping? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

dang this is cool

it’s a shame I’m in canada this week and not back when this was going on

gg on that cardboard cutout btw

2 Likes

That thing is absolutely massive. I have no room to display it, so it’ll be going into storage until next year when I can bring it BF for the BIONICLE table. I’ll give to Black Six since he makes it to lots more cons then I do (I’m keeping the badge though :smirk:).

3 Likes

How tall is it?

1 Like

Just under six feet, same as me.

Well you’ve made BF sound really fun, I might just have to go next year

1 Like

You live in the Toronto area? I look forward to seeing you!

1 Like

Looks like a whole bunch of fun… now back to the terrible Australian conventions

2 Likes

I believe Brickfête was in part founded by Australian AFOLs. Are there really no good conventions in your area?

4 Likes