Les Chu, Kai Jarr's Padawan (Star Wars OC)

My original intention for the topic for my custom Star Wars characters was just for custom minifigures (hence my renaming that topic), and, well, there was no way I could make a decent minifigure version of Kai Jarr’s Pantoran Padawan, Les Chu, for reasons I will explain later in this post. With that out of the way, let’s move on to the drawing…

Before anyone else says it, I’ll just go out and say that I really don’t like how her hands turned out (especially her right hand), since they just seem too small (that, or her head is a little too big). Any attempt I made to correct the problem only made things look worse, so I decided to quite while I was behind.

Other than that, I’m satisfied with the finished drawing. In fact, I’m surprised with how well her face turned out, seeing as how I’m terrible at drawing eyes…

Now, I also wanted to share some of the concept art behind this drawing of Les Chu:

Les Chu (Padawan)

First, here’s a rough draft of Les that I designed in Mecabricks. I couldn’t build an actual minifigure of her for three reasons:
#1: I was on vacation at the time, so I didn’t have my Lego collection with me.
#2: Of the hair pieces that exist in lavender (a common hair color for Pantorans), none of them would’ve looked right (especially since some of them have ears…).
#3: Her face tattoos (another common feature of Pantorans) would’ve been impossible to add. In fact, I couldn’t even pull that one off on the Mecabricks version of Les Chu.

Next, here’s a rough sketch of Les. At this point, I had not yet decided on what her face tattoos would look like, so I just decided to work on her face later. As for the hands… well, I found something harder than drawing faces, so I decided to wait on drawing them as well.

Finally, here’s the “color test”, where I started working on both her tattoos and her color scheme, for lack of a better term. Yet again, I didn’t want to work on drawing her face just yet (honestly, I only added her facial features on the final drawing of her :stuck_out_tongue:).

Also, I decided to draw her Lightsaber, which I, for some reason, did not add to the final drawing.

Well, that’s all for now. Thanks for viewing!

11 Likes

neato. Never heard of Mecabricks.

2 Likes

Thanks! Mecabricks is sort of like LDD, but with more available pieces (though it seems to be a little harder to connect pieces). Here’s the link to the website: https://www.mecabricks.com/

1 Like

Well, you don’t see Pantorans very often. One critique, though: the hair feels a bit too stiff, I thought it was some sort of helmet or wrap at first. Your rough sketch looks a bit better, I think it’s down to letting it curve and flow a bit more. Still, pretty cool!

1 Like

Well, after I watched the Clone Wars episode “Trespass” again for the first time in about ten years, I got the idea to create a Pantoran character.

Yeah, I agree with you there. I would’ve made an attempt to fix that, but I realized that problem after I finished coloring it (the colored pencils I use don’t really erase very well).

1 Like

This is an update to my topic, so I can double-post, according to the rules :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, I’ve been working on a post-Order 66 version of Les Chu for a Star Wars story I plan to write (which will take place sometime around 15 BBY), though I’m still just working on some concept art. Here’s what the first piece of concept art looks like:

I couldn’t be bothered to draw her eyes again, so I decided to draw her with a different facial expression…

This was mostly just a model for her new hair style, which takes inspiration from this Lego Elves hair piece:

(excluding the ears, of course).

There are still quite a few things that I’ll have to work out before I post the finished drawing, but it shouldn’t take too long…

2 Likes