Lewa GWP MOC Contest Entry: Kongu's Kahu

Here’s another one.

49 Likes

I love it! Its a perfect translation but you also went the extra mile with the stand and the energy lines. Great use of the wing pieces to imply technic beams yet also add texture. Maybe it could use some extra bits of purple in the front but I understand how limiting the dark purple technic color palette could be for the wing connection. I think I have my favorite contest entry!

3 Likes

oh man. its amazing. love that you added the green beam things? from MNOG and its even got takuas disk launching guns! very nice!

3 Likes

Thank you very much!
I’m glad you like it.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot!
I appreciate it. More purple is a good idea, I was envisioning the purple on this model, to be like a saddle. That’s probably why I didn’t think of It.

2 Likes

Totally lovin this. Any chances for the instruction or breakdown pictures?

3 Likes

Thank you!
No one’s ever asked me that.
I can give you a studio file, Kongu’s Kahu from BrickLink Studio [BrickLink]
I hope that works for you.

3 Likes

This is absolutely incredible. What if we did a render with your kahu and my nui rama?

3 Likes

Thank you so much!
I like your idea it sounds awesome!
Once my model is reviewed on Bricklink, you should be able to download it using the link I provided.

2 Likes

Awesome! I’ll let you know when I have that render done

3 Likes

Oh wow this is amazing. Impressive work! (If you don’t mind, is it cool if I make a render of this model chasing my Nui-Rama as a reference to MNOG?)

3 Likes

Thank you very much!
you are more than welcome to use the model.

2 Likes

woooooo this looks better than the original, superb birb very well done

5 Likes

I like how this just looks better than the original while still being accurate to the original somehow

4 Likes

Thanks!
I appreciate it.

2 Likes

I have some bad news.
My model was reviewed on bricklink, but I was denied giving you full access to it, so you will not be able to download the model from there.
The link still works to give you a closer look of the model.
If anyone has any suggestions on how I can give you access to the model another way, I’d love to hear it.

2 Likes

Maybe you could put the io file in dropbox and share the link here?

3 Likes

I found out that the model was denied due to a copyright infringement, so maybe I shouldn’t share it after all. I apologize, I can’t give you anything more, but I don’t want to get into any trouble about this.

2 Likes

Did they indicate what, specifically, was the issue? Is it just the fac that it’s Bionicle?

3 Likes

They said, “Due to IP infringements, the design must be set to display only.”
That’s all I know.

2 Likes