Lewa GWP MOC Contest Entry: Tarakava Duo

Someone already beat me to it, but here are my take on the Tarakava!

I lucked out with the Teal part inventory, I was afraid I might only be able to do the blue one.
As per usual with my system builds I try to use a specific piece to establish a scale so I went with the GWP Mata feet as a basis.

I used Msw41’s Kanohi Decals for the infected Kanohi.

30 Likes

I think the blue one’s head could be improved a little, but otherwise these are outstanding! I like how closely you were able to emulate the original builds

4 Likes

Glad you like them! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Yeah, the blue head was a pain to build, I already was limited to the size and shape of the “technic beam” lower head section I made for the teal one, that plus I was a plate short from the bigger foot print of the Pakari, it didn’t leave me to much space to work with. I’d kill for an inverted 1x2 plate with pin hole and non-inverted 1x1x1 bracket in blue to maybe reverse the head build.

Otherwise I’m pretty happy with the build process, once I started translating certain pieces into system it was pretty easy to fill the blank spaces, that and the fact the Tarakava already used bricks helped but I tried to make those section closer to the 2/3 scale of the GWP.

2 Likes

ah these look great, the teal one is probably my favourite!
out of pure interest, can they still punch?

3 Likes

You can pose them to punch but I didn’t make the mechanism, I wasn’t sure a single stud per each arm segment could have resisted the tension from the punching also off grid stud builds are a pain in digital

3 Likes