Lewa GWP MOC Contest Entry: Teal Tarakava

Hi Everyone! I’m very new here to this message board!
I typically post on Facebook Groups and occasionally some discord groups.
I saw there was a Lewa Competition for Rahi and since Lewa is my favorite Toa I figured I’d make an account and enter.
When I saw the GWP was first announced. I had immediately decided on buying sets to turn into mocs of the same style. I had bought a few 3 in 1 sets and I was proud of all the mocs I did but the one I am most proud of is this Tarakava
Completely made with only parts from the 3 in 1 Street Racer set lego released.

I wanted to make a moc that anyone could go out and buy the set & make themselves. I am currently unsure if the tires use an Illegal Technique or not. It didnt seem like they did but if they do. Please let me know!

Anywho! here is my Tarakava Entry for this Competition!

I made sure it kept almost every feature that the Original Tarakava Toy had. Including moving wheels, Poseable boxer arms, knock down Head Function, and Waist movement.

Its not perfect but I wanted it to be something that anyone could easily get and build themselves if they wanted from an off the shelf set.
Here are some size references to the OG Tarakava along with the GWP set

I did make a set of instructions for this build as well if anyone wants to build it
I do apologize for the quality of the Instructions. I work 2 jobs so its very difficult for me to work on stuff and this is my first time making instructions as well.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1n9KXCI56OIGt1BwVLj0cgDPjnHAh-aX7
If anyone wants to remake these instructions or recommends slightly better builds with the same set of parts, Please let me know!
I just wanted to make a nice alt build of people in the community like with the Ghostrider Exo Toa suit

Thanks yall!

37 Likes

Nice moc, i like the shaping with the macaroni pieces

4 Likes

ah this is really clever
i like

3 Likes

Very clever i wouldve not think of someone turning a car into a rahi. Also nice moc.

3 Likes

Oh hey! I saw this on Facebook! impressive work, I was considering buying the 3-1 just to build this lol.

3 Likes

Honestly I feel like its worth the $20 to pick it up. It turned out waay better than I thought it would. It definitely gives off the Tarakava Vibe very well. I’ve seen a few People now go grab the set just to build it haha
Its well worth it

2 Likes

super clever making it buildable out of a set

3 Likes

impressive how accurate it looks :clap:

3 Likes

So glad I found this original after I randomly saw it pop up. Amazing idea and execution.

2 Likes