Lewa-Master of Jungle (2015) revamp

Hello there everyone!

Credit goes to Callan LOF for the Torso design.

Back view.

Onua: “Brother, are you alright? You aren’t looking too well.”
Lewa: (incomprehensible gibberish)

15 Likes

Well to start of why is it a “2014” revamp? Shouldn’t it be 2015?

Well as for the build nothing too special, mostly because the torso wasn’t really designed by you. Also the crystal blades feel very bland like that and I don’t think they fit in with all the other textures. Also it has too many colors that aren’t really well distributed.

Maybe get rid of the lime green, and try something different with the weapons.

5 Likes

Thanks for your comment! I will take your suggestions into consideration. Thanks for pointing out my error regarding the blog’s title.

2 Likes

As much as the shoulder cauldrons restricted head movement, I still like the old design a lot better. This Lewa looks like he doesn’t really have much character to him. He just looks like another bland humanoid. What I liked about the 2015 masters was that they all looked different from each other while still keeping cohesion.

4 Likes

Well, thanks for being honest, I guess. Any suggestions on how I can make him look more distinctive?

1 Like

I would try to base him off the old design a lot more. What I really liked about the default was that he had those axe-swords that could turn into katanas and wings. Combined with the cauldrons, he sort of had a Native American/Avian look to him. Maybe you could accentuate the Avian side. Good luck.

2 Likes

Yeah this seems more of a Devamp to me
Since he is shortened
And a bit too skinny
Also why are you using 2016 pieces on a 2015 “revamp”?

4 Likes

Thanks for the comment! I was unaware that there were certain restrictions regarding the use of pieces in “revamps”.

The shoulder area seems empty the lime green doesnt fit in, and the blades just don’t go so well, this really inst a revamp like as @Whaddon said this feels like a devamp

2 Likes

to be honest i really like it, my main gripe is the shoulders look a tad empty.

1 Like

Clean, simple, and slightly characteristic; this feels like Lewa, yet only to a certain degree. The shoulder leaf-blades should be re-added, but shaping-mainly the legs-works fantastically. Not bad; keep this up, and just know what to improve.

(Also, there’s nothing wrong with using new parts on a revamp of an older year. If that were so, Slizer revamps would be much harder- there weren’t as many diverse pieces back in those older ages.)

1 Like

I think you should habe those shoulder pads on the moc to make it look like Lewa from 2015 and I don’t think the crystal blades shouldn’t be the weapons but the axes from the previous year in a revamped form that converts into wings…

Just sayin’. But pretty cool…

1 Like

So I’m gonna put my two cents in. GO BIG! GO CRAZY! MAKE SOME REAL UNIQUE BUILDING COMBINATIONS AND LIMBS! MAKE HIM BUFF LIKE ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER!

And then scale him back to where you want him. That’s probably not good advice but that’s how I build my MOCs. Then again, I don’t really post my MOCs here, do I?

3 Likes

I honestly feel the lime is superfluous.

1 Like

Really cool!

2 Likes