Life-sized Sword- Linearity

EDIT- Made a few seemingly subtle changes but I think they’re very important for making the sword look more refined and elegant.
Came up with the idea doodling in class, along with Singularity. It’s a more orthodox, traditional sword following the t shaped crossguard. I was inspired by classical architectural building elements and the tan parchment paper you see in old architectural designs with their various intersecting and parallel lines. The colors were also inspired by the cover art for Vector to the Heavens, which has a cross made out of a red ribbon:

I’d like to think the song goes with the sword.
Most Recent version:

Old Version:

37 Likes

Looks frickin’ beautiful.

1 Like

The things you tried to capture really come across…

2 Likes

that’s a sword that’d make an anime character jealous

2 Likes

Can’t… see… tip… HNNNNNNNGG!

Looks beautiful.

1 Like

Thanks, yeah the sword is really long so it was hard to photograph the whole thing without zooming out too much

nah, It’s not quite big enough for that

Needless to say, this is quite impressive.

1 Like

The use of the trans. Red panels for part of the blade is great, as is the rest of the creation.

1 Like

You’re an excellent lego sword builder, nice work.

1 Like

The shaping is great and I love the colors of it.

1 Like

Can you swing this thing?

It looks amazing by the way

Yeah you can swing it at a moderate speed but I don’t feel confident enough to really play around with it. It’s either looks or function with these things though the swords I made in elementary school we’re quite sturdy and looked alright.

1 Like