Lloyd's Hydro Mech Review

Yesterday I was down at the store and decided to get Lloyd’s Hydro Mech cos I found the way it was build interesting as a Bionicle and constraction fan. I bought it here are my first reactions:

I). It has a lot of very interesting sub-builds (in the limbs mainly) which are quite nice and creative.
II). Whilst the above is true, I can’t help but feel that it was badly executed: the shoulder pieces feel either unnecessary or rushed, and it ruins the appearance of the set imo, as evidenced by the box art making it hard to see certain parts of the set
III). The minifigures I liked, and the serpentine figure with accessories really nicely reminds me of OG Atlantis, a theme I loved

All in all, I’d say it is an okay set, though I will be using it to make mixed system-constraction mocs with it or revamp it a bit.

4 Likes

@ghid change the topic to reviews

good review tho should’ve grabbed that one when it came out

1 Like

personally the one major issue I had with the set was that it lacked knees. Overall though I thought it was pretty average for lego mechs.

Changed the topic title to include the word review (and I am waiting outside @GoodGuy2006’s window) - Ghid

downside of losing master is i have to summon the great old one to do my will

all ghid devotees know this is an upside

4 Likes