Lord_Tuma's "Almost Bootleg" Reviews: Tuma

Okay. Let’s start this off by saying that this is my first review. Not just on the Boards. Anywhere! So, I’m going to start with one of my all time favorite sets (in case you can’t tell :laughing:) with Tuma. Tuma was set 8991 and could be found for $20 in 2010

He didn’t come with too many new parts…

But he sure did come with a lot of recolors!

I, personally, liked the build quite a bit. It wasn’t too complex, but it got the job done!

The armor choices were nothing short of …interesting…

The mask and weapons, I think, look pretty good!

When I saw this armor plate, I could only think of them as almost baggy shorts!

The foot build was cool and keeps the set standing pretty well!

Wait!

And open pins to match!

Cons
*What’s seen above
*Brittle square joints

*Limited articulation

*Extremely gappy thighs

*Stickers (easily peel!)

Pros

*Interesting and unique color scheme

*fun build

*decent price ($20)

*Many different recolors

Would I recommend this set?
Certainly! He is a great addition to any Bionicle collection and can create some very dynamic poses!

What do you think of this review? Did I miss anything? Feel free to let me know in the comments!

You’re welcome! :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Needs a bootleg skit

2 Likes

I’m too lazy to do that, and don’t have a YouTube channel, so… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Good review!

1 Like

Thanks!

@Eljay would be proud of your decision to con the pins and axels!

Personally, I find him a pretty mediocre Titan. His build was pretty good for the time, but Brutaka set a bar that was never quite topped. And even though he’s a Titan, he appears to suffer from the proportioning issues of the Inika build. But hey, I like his color scheme, and not just because it’s the same as my self-MOC! :smile:

Also…

“I’m going to enjoy tearing that fancy mask from YOUR FACE!!”

2 Likes

I quite like Tuma. I never got him, but from the outside, he’s one of my favorite titans.

1 Like

It only took me four years and a Bricklink order to do so! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like