Louis, The Steam Gentleman

More Like you just wanted to mention him

1 Like

Like some have noticed the proportions are a bit off.
I suggest you write down what colours you want use and keep them concise.
I suggest using a primry colour, a secondary perhaps a tertiary and a highlighting colour that will be used in small amounts to add flair to the mocā€™s colours.

Nice concept, have seen quite a few steampunk classy man mocs. Wish you luck with moccing

No, it was inspired. Most notably in the big hands and small head

Yeeeeeeeeah, Iā€™m not a fan of this MOC. The top hat, torso and hands are pretty good, but the rest is questionable at best.

The biggest issue this MOC has are the limbs. The arms are ridiculously skinny. I understand the concept behind it, but it matches nothing else on the MOC. The legsā€¦oh gosh the legs. Let me put this in a nice way: They are bad. I understand your ā€œabnormally long legsā€ aesthetic that youā€™re going for. But it doesnā€™t work when the legs are jointed in more places than I can count. The proportions (especially theā€¦ankles? lower knees? the part with the Komauā€™s) are completely out of whack, and look disgusting. Those gears on his upper legs look awkward and unnecessary. WHY DOES HE HAVE FISTS ON HIS KNEES.

Overall, Iā€™d give this a 3.5/10. You need shorten the legs and either bulk up the arms, or make the legs have the same piston aesthetic.

3 Likes

what slime said.

to me this comes across less ā€œsteampunkā€ and more ā€œjunkheapā€.

Edit: clearly someone took my post as an insult by use of the word ā€œjunkheapā€, that was in reference to the mocs aesthetics.
Iā€™m sorry, but it looks more like a junkion than steampunk to me, there are random parts everywhere and it looks salvaged.

perhaps I should have been more explanatory, for that I apologize.
no offense was intended.

4 Likes

So, if Iā€™m going to be openly honest, Iā€™m not a huge fan of this MOC. The ā€œGentlemen Steampunkā€ theme has been done to death in the past. That being said, this doesnā€™t really bring much new to the table in terms of originality or aesthetics in my opinion. I feel like the limbs are too long/lanky, and the color placement is lackadaisical at best. The mix of System and CCBS and G1 really just makes this more cluttered than it needs to be. I get the idea behind a Steampunk build, but this just doesnā€™t do it for me.

If I had to rate, Iā€™d give this a 3/10. Not a huge fan, sorry. Best of luck with your other/future MOCs though ^^

2 Likes

I like this moc.
It has a cool hat and good colours.

1 Like

I never knew that was a theme. Iā€™ve always associated pipes and scrape with steam punk. thanks for clarifying it and for this new knowledge on this type of theme. Sorry for my error of misreading it.