Made this for a local upcoming contest, it’s weird.

There’s a upcoming contest that I’m entering in my local area which involves around with film/photography etc.

In addition to that, I’ve decided to take the time to work on something interesting and new.

So I went ahead and made the original Gali model in the Bricklinks Stud.io program, than imported into blender, with tons of details going on (especially the textures) Lastly, I finished up the touches in Photoshop. The results turned out okay, but it’s weird concept that I had in mind.

What are your thoughts? I appreciate
the feedback.

31 Likes

Looks good so far-I think Gali needs more “grounding”-she looks kinda slapped there at the moment. Perhaps have her looking off in a direction or at the camera, add some weathering to her and maybe some pebbles in the bottom left? Idk much about how technical this is and I’m sure this is a lot of work. Perhaps also unify the colours so have the sky mottled with some blue to match her?

Edit: also welcome to the TTV boards!

5 Likes

This looks really good so far!

The only thing I can suggest is to try and add some detail into the sky, maybe some clouds or very faint and distant stars. It’s just a gradient right now and doesn’t really look like a sky.

Overall a great composite job, though!

2 Likes

How exactly do you import Stud.io models into Blender? I’d be interested in doing that myself.

2 Likes

Outstanding!

1 Like

I don’t really know how it’ll fit in with the contest since I don’t know the rules, but I know enough to say this looks pretty cool.

There’s nothing too crazy going on, but it all looks fairly cohesive.

1 Like

from what I understand you export the model from stud.io as a collada file (.dae) and import it in blender, then you can texture and even animate it

2 Likes

Here’s an update of the final image that I rendered in Blender. I think it’s better than the other ones I’ve done previously before, and thanks again for the positive feedback, I appreciate the support! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

The blue sky and clouds definitely look better for Gali.

1 Like

I suggest giving Gali a noticeable shadow so it looks more like she’s in the environment.
Pretty cool though

1 Like

gali should have a shadow and the ground texture is a too stretched but overall it is an improvement

1 Like

Just found out of how to do the shadows in blender. Hopefully this one will do it.

8 Likes

Looks like she is surprised by something

1 Like