Mafia Revival

Did we?

Jayzor died, Hawkflight died, and thus ends the Mafia Revival. Well, hopefully this will be encouraging enough for other people to start up their (staff-approved) own.

Anarchy always works even if it doesn’t.

3 Likes

A mafia resurgence would be cool.

1 Like

I would love to see more variations on the gameplay of Mafia, such as more roles, maybe even story-based roles.

1 Like

Okay, maybe not most of them. But there are a few inside jokes in there that I wouldn’t expect most people to get. Or maybe everyone got them, how would I know. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You blew your cover, probably not how you expect.

All right, time for the investigator’s post game analysis

So, for starters, night 1. With nothing to go off of, I investigated @Political_Slime because he’s my friend. Found out he was innocent.

Day 1
With nothing to go off of, I guessed Jakanader based upon the story. I was right. But, more importantly, at this point the mafia made a critical mistake.

This post. Before I even read it, I knew Jayzor was mafia. Posting a bunch of analysis to sway the people… I think it was Oonie who posited that tactic, though I could be wrong. My analysis on night 2 confirmed that.

Day 2: I messaged Slime telling him about Jayzor. But then you all decided to kill Slime. I couldn’t say anything, and I was sure Tuaro was mafia, so I let things happen. In hindsight, I’m an idiot: Jayzor pointed his post at both of them, and that should’ve tipped me off that it was neither.

Also, after Slime was offed, I told him over discord that I wasn’t actually the investigator. That was fun.

Night 3: After talking with Slime, I suspected Ghid and Jcton for their actions (actions Slime and Willess already outlined above) I investigate Ghid, but to my surprise, he was innocent. I pm’d him about Jayzor, but…

Day 3: when Ghid showed up on the suspect list again, I thought for sure he was lost. Fortunately, Willess convinced everyone to go for a double kill of Jcton and Moc. I soon figured that this would be a good scenario for me, potentially confirming all of the mafians, so I kept quiet. When Jcton was confirmed mafian, I now knew all four mafians. The game was pretty much over at that point, but I didn’t let the mafia know that.

Night 4: with all the mafians known, I decided to look for the Defender, and investigate Holi (because he was first on the list) He wasn’t the Defender. It didn’t really matter anyway; I was able to pm the innocents about Jayzor.

Good game, guys. It was fun.

5 Likes

Huh, weird. To be honest, that’s something I would do either way; I just like over-analyzing things, I guess. :stuck_out_tongue: Really what I was scared about this game was getting accused and being too flustered to defend myself, but I guess it never even got to that point.

4 Likes

My analysis isn’t quite as in-depth

Night one, I decided to defend Ghid. I chose this completely at Random.
Night two, I decided to defend Rac. I figured the mafia would go for Rac or Invader that night since they were mostly confirmed innocent (though they weren’t technically confirmed until later). They did not.
Night three, I had tried subtly to get the mafia to target me, and self-defended. They didn’t go for it.
Night four, I had ousted Jcton. I fully expected the mafia to target me after that. I considered defending Ghid, Invader, or Rac, but ultimately hoped I’d baited you into attacking me. I was wrong.

Had things gone to a night five, I was planning to defend Rac again, hence why I pinned her as the Defender in my analysis. But it never came to that.

2 Likes

Well, then it was a lucky draw, I suppose.

1 Like

I just tried getting shenanigans to start. That was my game plan.

Good game guys. I didn’t last long, but I still had fun.

2 Likes

Thanks a ton @Omega_Tahu for hosting, I had a lot of fun.

3 Likes

I’m so glad you guys did it. @Willess12 was the game’s MVP. Holy crap. GG everyone.

2 Likes

Good game guys.
tbh I don’t know what was going through my head when we decided to off MOCingbird in round 3. It might have worked out if Jayzor wasn’t lynched the last night.

I wanted to off Whaddon, personally. The other guys insisted on Zero.

As I recall we never even considered it.[quote=“Willess12, post:364, topic:49065”]
I fully expected the mafia to target me after that.
[/quote]

Also never considered. By this point we were operating to frame Ghid as the last mafia.

We never had staff-approved mafia before (we did have staff-run mafia before). What we did have was some means of control to make sure we didn’t have a glut of mafia games at once. Prospective players would vote for which game idea they would want to play in.

I’m pretty sure the rules still state that games have to be approved by staff.

Can confirm, I got in trouble for ignoring the rule once.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen that enforced, especially since the games category has no rules.

edit:

why did this have to be unpinned?

1 Like

When I put my game up, Slime shut it down and had me contact him separately before I could run it.

It’s not part of the overall rules, just the mafia hosting rules. [quote=“Hawkflight, post:373, topic:49065”]
why did this have to be unpinned?
[/quote]

It’s still pinned for me. You might’ve unpinned it for yourself or something in your settings did. Not sure.

Looks like I did.

Man, I’ve been on these boards for way too long, forgetting all these rules and stuff.

1 Like

Killing me was a pretty good move. As I was going to play like willess this game.

2 Likes