Makara the Bounty Hunter, 2.0 edition

After keeping Makara put together for a year or two, I realized that the custom torso I built for him had a significant flaw: the waist, which was held together by only a single axle connection, would fall apart if it was touched. I have fixed that issue, as well as certain other design issues, in this, the 2.0 Edition!

After taking part in a job known only as “the Corridor incident”, Makara became a bounty hunter in his own right, no longer needing help from the Dark Hunters or Xian military. As a symbol of this progress, he abandoned his traditional Vortixx armor, replacing it with a Desertech Anti-projectile breastplate, and similar armor for his legs. This armor features a unique aspect of current Xian research, a system for climate control that keeps the wearer comfortable in the hottest deserts or the coldest mountains. As he begins a new journey, he has set up his base in a small village known as Thania, in the Jungle region of Bara Magna. From here, he is secure against most known enemies, and has also begun organizing a militia unit to counter the fact that Thania has no Glatorian.

14 Likes

Looks like a nice moc, but the red ball joints on the shoulders really stand out. I think it’d look better if you changed them to black.

Yeah, I would, but my Vakama and Iruini are already using them. Thanks for telling me, though!

1 Like

Many bionicle characters seem to follow 60/30/10 rule when it comes to coloring characters. This rule means there are three colors in a character, one main color which covers most of the figure (about 60%), secondary color (about 30 %) and final and an flavor/hint/contrasting color (about 10 %)

Example Tahu

Tahu’s main color is crimson red which is the most prominet. Then comes orange color which is second most prominent and then comes black color. Of course Tahu contains silver also so the rule can be streched and as seen the colors do not need to be excactly 60 30 10.

So in your case, I think enlarging the red in your moc instead of removing it is better. I think it would give it more character than black and silver would.

5 Likes