Making 3D Bionicle weapons, need your drawings!

Will you print out the designs you choose? I think a lot of people would be interested in buying the parts.

@DarkHenrik It’s a cool sword, but I don’t really think it fits as a Bionicle/technic piece, sorry :frowning:

@Xing1870 Thanks for submitting! It was really difficult to work on, since I’m not used to make ‘curvy’ objects, but I learned a lot of new things while working on it. This is what I have so far:

What do you think of what I got so far? Any important details I’m missing?
If you want to draw more, then go for it! :slight_smile:
(I will give out the 3D file when I consider myself 100% done)

About 3D printing: I do not own a 3D printer. For the pieces I have 3D printed in the past I used the 3D printer at my school, but I can’t currently access it due to summer vacation. So I can’t print anything in the nearest future

8 Likes

Wow! I’m seriously amazed at the level of detail you got. Well done! :clap:

If I had any suggestions, it would be to make the frond part a little longer. Otherwise it looks perfect!

EDIT:

Would it work for the edge to be slanted down? I mean the underside of the blade being pointed?

EDIT 2:

Oh, and the x peg connector at the bottom.

That’s enough edits for now…

1 Like

you mean like this?

Making the front part longer should be possible, just give me some time :stuck_out_tongue:

I always add the axle when I consider the rest of the weapon done

If you want me to make anything else, just give me another drawing!

2 Likes

Man, I may have to draw a custom Takanuva staff. While you be willing to do custom masks?

2 Likes

That’s great, but I meant like the bottom side would be pointed like the edge of a sword

Though this may not be possible because of the pistons.

2 Likes

@tak210 I currently do not have the knowledge on how to make 3D masks, it’s very different from making a weapon. I could probably make that custom Takanuva staff if you give me a sketch :slight_smile:

@Xing1870 that might me a bit difficult, but I’ll give it a shot. can’t promise anything.

2 Likes

tried to draw a chainsaw blade… Hope its good enough.

im not good with chainsaws, the main saw is the most difficoult for me.

2 Likes

something like this?

10 Likes

which programs can you use to these models it looks really fun to do

yep. i see that you have not yet added the pin on it.

I was going to as for something like this but I can’t draw, thank you!

1 Like

@DarkHenrik Then it’s done! it can be downloaded [here!] (Dropbox - Chainsaw by TurteX.stl - Simplify your life)

NB! my pin holes and axle sizes aren’t perfect. If someone know where I can find accurate measurments of those, please let me know!

@Darknova3529 I’m using sketchup to make the models. It’s not very difficult to learn, but it takes a lot of practise to use it well. I learn something new on almost everything I make, so making detailed Bionicle weapons might not be the first thing you start with :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

just sketchup? Well then time to make some models :wink:

2 Likes

@Darknova3529 Good luck! :smiley:

@Xing1870 does any of theese work?

A:

B:

B works, could I see a top down view of it?

should I add a blade like that on the other side to?

2 Likes

If that would be easy. Thanks!

1 Like

no problem:

anything else before I finnish it :slight_smile: ?

3 Likes

That’s really it. Thanks for everything!