"Makuta Building Contest" W.I.P.s and Finished Creations Topic

As most of you know, many people in the community are going to enter in the Makuta Building Contest. So, this is your safe haven to post your W.I.P.s and complete Makutas. You may also give tips, advice, amd constructive criticism to the participants. Now some groundrules: Don,'t steal other’s designs, no foul play such as trickery, and the Message Boards rules still apply. So if you follow these rules. You may enjoy! :smile:

21 Likes

I’m debating if I should post mine so early, but will you post yours ChoasAssassin?

3 Likes

The contest itself doesn’t even start until August
And as others have mentioned, it isn’t really a good idea to start posting them now.

3 Likes

Yes, probably tomorrow since I’m away from home.

1 Like

Well I won’t be near my Makuta tomorrow, so I’ll just take some photos and figure out if I’ll post them later.

1 Like

Hey, this is a good way to ask for tips and advice especially for eager people who want to have their Makuta ready by the first day.

Maybe you should establish some rules on the topic, like no stealing other peoples designs?

1 Like

That’s actually something I forgot about.

Well you might want to get on that man. XD

1 Like

Done :smile:

1 Like

As there is little to no way to enforce that rule, i’ll choose not reveal anything…

2 Likes

True.

Now, the first WIP on here mine!

I mostly need help with armoring up his legs, back, adding a gear function, giving him weapons, and fixing his gappiness.

5 Likes

Looks good!
I have a few recommendations,
-If possible extend the torso
-Maybe widen the shoulders
-Maybe add some color to the torso

Still though I like the look if it! And I really like the skull spiders and the horns!

Thank you! The first and last one are easy. The second one, I might need a visual aid.

Try this out.

Or you could add some friction extenders

I’m not sure how accurate this is to you’re build but it might work

2 Likes

I built and finished mine in around five hours today. I’ve got more parts coming soon and with my birthday on the sixth, he’ll be receiving more upgrades. But his base form is complete.

3 Likes

Can you post a picture for us Toa_Kasai? I’d love to see it.

1 Like

[Images removed until final version]

3 Likes

Oh dude thats pretty sick. If I could recommend anything:
-Maybe make the upper arms a little beefier
-Shorten the neck?
I dunno I’m scrapping here XD! That looks awesome. I LOVE the use of Lewa masks on his hips.

1 Like

The neck looks better when you aren’t looking up at him, and it’s as long as it is to allow for better articulation. And yeah, the arms are not final yet.

1 Like