"Makuta Building Contest" W.I.P.s and Finished Creations Topic

I’m trying to keep the colorscheme down to just black and tr. purple, so to my great despair I have to avoid both pistons and friction adders, not that I have that many pistons or places to attach them anyway. I’ll see if I can find a suitable background for the body soon. I’m planning to work on the head tomorrow (so much fiddly technic to work with to get a compact design, I might have to break into my G1 parts).

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it, I might be capable of replicating a trick I used in my CCBS version of HF’s Meltdown to make custom black pseudo-pistons.

1 Like

Ah, I was also gonna suggest the darker colour of piston so that it doesn’t stand out as much. Also have you got another web site that you post your creations to?

I didn’t actually know there was a darker color of piston, unless you mean shocks. As for websites, I generally use either flickr or bricklink. Why do you ask?

You said you had made a ccbs hf meltdown though you have no topics, so I just assumed you must have another website you post on haha

Oh no, I haven’t posted it anywhere yet, since I’m waiting on an order to finally complete it. As for my custom pseudopiston setup, it’s pretty much just using a technic beam connected with pins on two ends to increase friction, since, while I can and do do the same thing using CCBS bones, balljoints, being capable of bending side-to-side, are far more wobbly than pin connections. It accomplishes the same thing as a piston (strengthening a connection without reducing posability unduely) while having more customization options.

Ah right, just checked your Flickr then and your bolt dragon is very cool haha :smiley:

Thanks!

dang, what you guys do with the skull spider masks make me starting to love that mask all over again.

EDIT: This is a really dumb question but how do you guys secure the Rahkshi covers without using the kraata covers?

1 Like

Welp, guess it isn’t worth finishing my entry anymore:
http://www.lego.com/en-us/rebrick/view-entry?c_id={00A66255-0F67-490B-97E3-3FCD9CF12314}&a_id=783f0d97-cd2f-452d-a753-35472bf88097&sortEntry=false

EDIT: Turns out I don’t have enough black kaiju fins for my MoUP. Guess I’m going to have to get Umarak the Destroyer, which means I’m probably also going to do a remake of Toxic Reapa at some point.

1 Like

Imgur

:open_mouth:

20 Likes

Very regal looking, although the placement of that skull is rather awkward.

1 Like

One of the categories is true to character. and what do people build Teridax after Teridax…

I already see alot of awsome entries though.

for now I’l share this

12 Likes

Nice! The use of the technic panels as the fins works quite well, and the eye design is ingenious.

*teridax after teridax

3 Likes

So here’s my finished makuta M.O.C :stuck_out_tongue: not sure about my chances for the contest but the building process was fun none the less and it was also my first titan moc :smiley:

Thoughts? :stuck_out_tongue:

12 Likes

Nice use of the paw as a head, it looks good.

1 Like

For your first titan MOC, pretty good. It could use larger feet and hands though, and the lower arms seem a bit short. And that scythe is quite tiny compared to the rest of the MOC. I’d definitely reinforce the hips a bit; letting the entire MOC’s weight rest on one pair of bearings seems like a bad idea.

1 Like

What’s That CGI Model From?
Doesn’t Look like LDD.

I made a model in LDD, then used Bluerender to get a nice image out of it. Bluerender has a lot of options for customization and just generally gives a much better idea of how your model will look in real life, which is why I use it for pretty much every model I make in LDD.

1 Like

Here’s my entry so far. I tried to do some things different, and there are still a few surprises that I want to save for when it is actually posted. Built a display base because it seemed like a good challenge with mainly technic. It came out OK, but some changes will be made.

All Pictures so far.
Makuta WIP | Flickr

18 Likes