Makuta Dentar

Stands at 3.5 feet, 15 or so pounds and needs to probably start paying rent.

More images at my flickr

36 Likes

I always wanted to build something this big. How does it hold up? I noticed you don’t have to keep your hand on it at all!

7 Likes

Holy crap. That’s so cool. You found a great use for the purple here.

6 Likes

My goodness… this guy is massive!!

6 Likes

Dude this is fantastic. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a bipedal Bionicle this big or stable. How long did it take you to design and build it?

5 Likes

He stays up pretty well, I can move him from room to room and almost have no issues with him staying up. He turned out a lot more balanced from front to back

It’s hard to say as I had his inner frame sitting around for a while and honestly don’t remember how long that part took. If I would to guess probably about a week of work spread out over 3 large sessions of build over the past year…

6 Likes

I’ve been longing to see this moc finished for such a long time now, even better than expected

4 Likes

Incredible moc! Always love seeing massive Bionicles, and this one is very, very well-made.

Also, incredible mustache!

5 Likes

That makes two of us. Finding the time and space was becoming a problem. Thankfully I had a perfect weekend off were everyone I knew was away so I had no distractions and my roommate/brother left so I even had the whole living room to myself. Pile that on top of being in a much larger Bionicle mood than normal AND my other brother had been upgrading his large villain gave me a bit of brotherly competition. Put all those together and it was a perfect storm to get most of the work for him done.

I am just so glad he can stand up even without his staff.

4 Likes

Now this guy is massive holy crap.
Also friggin epic mustache

4 Likes

How are the joints built? What kind of techniques are used to allow them to support so much weight?

3 Likes

Each leg has 4 of these in the knees. I also have 4 in each hip. Both of these spots also have additional titan pistons.
https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=44224#T=C
His ankles have one of these each. These pretty much is what keeps him from falling forward. HIs legs also have 6 pistion each.
https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=61927c01#T=C

3 Likes

Yeah, that’d probably do it. Are the arms built with similar parts?

3 Likes

Pretty much. Ball and sockets even with the friction sockets just wouldn’t be able to hold up the weight.

3 Likes