Makuta Dragon Incarnate

My first post on this board. I created an account because I figured that this is the place to post mocs nowadays. Here is my best creation. Think of it as makuta plus each toa, hence the color scheme (just to hide the fact that i didn’t have enough parts of one color haha). I really wish i had better lighting and backdrop when i took these photos. Stands about 1.5ft tall. Not very posable due to its sheer size, but it’s neck can move up and down and it’s shoulders can move/rotate (because I joined the arms using the pin that’s found in classic makuta’s legs).

47 Likes

First off, welcome to the boards! This looks very impressive. I really like how you kept the same texture all throughout the moc, which is really hard to do on bigger mocs.

3 Likes

Ugh all my pictures are rotated :frowning:

1 Like

Pretty nice and really good for a first post! The color scheme is a bit off and I think the inclusion of white and brown is a bit strange. The build and overall look of the MoC is really nice!

1 Like

Thanks! I tried to make use of all the parts that I had so unfortunately i can’t have one distinct color because I just simply don’t have that many parts. think of it as a combination of each village in mata-nui

2 Likes

Best way to fix that is to go into the image and give it a small cropping, doesn’t have to be by much but it for some reason tends to reset the rotation (at least it does for me.)

2 Likes

coming as a newbie myself I have to say WWWWOOOOWWWW MAN THAT COLLOSOL HEAP OF BEATY IS LEGIT!!! its truly amazing

3 Likes

… that actually makes a lot of sense.
@1835110 Yeah, I definitely agree. wait why did you get rid of the comment

1 Like

Thanks, it worked!

1 Like

Haha! Glad to see it worked for you! Also, hey! Now you know how to fix it if it happens again!

Also, this is an amazing first moc, both in design and to start out with! Love it mate!

2 Likes

:scream:
That’s amazing!

2 Likes

Cool, complex, very grevily, and tall… I really like this moc.

Also, welcome to the message boards!

And… first time post deserves moc spotlight

2 Likes

MAH GERD!

So welcome to the boards, don’t worry about the backdrop, the Moc is ridiculously impressive and quite solid, the colours are understandable and you’ve done a good job with the symmetry, overall, it’s amazing, have a cookie.

2 Likes

Welcome to the boards! This is certainly an impressive scale; the only thing that bothers me is the rainbow color scheme, by I understand not having the parts to fill each area and I think you did a good job of keeping those colors separated.

3 Likes

Welcome to the boards.

As for the moc. This is actually very cool and looks surprisingly good considering the size and different colors used. I especially like the hands. Looking forward to seeing more from you.

2 Likes

I feel like the mix of all the colors works! It looks like he is made out of every bionicle set, Oh and just loving that head shape!

2 Likes

This is amazing!

2 Likes

Gonna ride the welcome train and say Welcome to the Boards!
As for the MOC…

I must say, while the rainbow colour scheme is really impressive, the dead tones in the head and torso throw it off entirely. And while it’s evident you didn’t just throw some parts together to create the MOC, it still feels hobbled together.

My favorite part about the MOC is definitely the legs. They’re very well shaped, and it’s where the rainbow theme really shines.

Keep up the good work!

6 Likes

My, what a big boy.

1 Like

So that’s what would happen if Makuta ate someone’s entire bonk collection.

2 Likes