Makuta Ghazmard (Senit Brotherhood collab)

This one was made for Senit’s Brotherhood Collab, which can be found here.

Is technically in two parts, one of the Makuta and one of a Toa team who served him. This part focuses on the Makuta himself. Group shot featuring the two of them will probably be made for the second part.

Anyways…
The Makuta Himself

The Basics

Name: Ghazmard
Assigned Region: Takhon (yes I am assuming that there are other islands outside of the ones we know)
Kanohi: Mask of Control (he did not use it very often however)
Role: Warrior, General Lieutenant, Tactician

Lore

Like all Makuta, Ghazmard was created 100,000 years ago by Mata Nui on an island in the far south of the Matoran Universe. He was responsible for creating several species of Rahi, though he didn’t specialize in any one kind - and not long after focused his talents elsewhere - specifically, in combat.

Perhaps his most notable feat was the battle plan and army that he helped organize to fight against the Barraki. He would also be responsible for orchestrating attacks against other Barraki fortresses.

In the wake of the Matoran Civil War, Miserix assigned Ghazmard to watch over the island of Takhon, an island between Metru Nui & the Northern Continent that was of strategic importance to the Brotherhood, due to its close proximity towards Metru Nui. Miserix did so seeing Ghazmard’s high status in the Brotherhood, believing that he could trust him to oversee such an important location. Though he did not grow a particularly strong bond with its inhabitants and his affairs, he vowed to protect them nonetheless.

During Teridax’s convocation, he sided with Teridax, believing that his plan would give them the strength they needed to protect those they were meant to serve.

However, over time, Ghazmard saw what the Brotherhood was doing, and as a result, he began to question the prospect of universal conquest, and by extension, Teridax’s plan. It would not be until the Great Cataclysm that he truly lost faith in Teridax’s plan, seeing the damage that it had caused already, and would have caused to the rest of the Matoran Universe.

Ghazmard also had a team of Hagah assigned to him 10,000 years prior to the time of the Toa Nuva. Given his high status among the Brotherhood, they were given more specialized weapons, weapons that normal Toa Hagah would not have been given. After Norik & Iruini’s rebellion, Teridax ordered all remaining Toa Hagah to be killed or corrupted. Which fate Ghazmard’s team attended to is currently unknown… all but one.

Despite his high rank within the Brotherhood, he was not selected for the Karda Nui invasion, and would instead go on to fight in the Destiny War, specifically organizing an army to and fighting to defend Takhon from an Order of Mata Nui siege. Despite Ghazmard’s best efforts, he was unsuccessful in doing so, and the island of Takhon was soon in Order hands. He suffered severe injuries as a result (no pain, also nothing breached his armor), but he later recovered.

During Teridax’s reign, Ghazmard was captured and put to work, this time to produce Kraata for his master’s Rahkshi armies. He refused, having seen what Teridax’s plan lead to, and fled.

While on the run, Ghazmard ran into the leader of his former Hagah team, Utira [their story will be elaborated on later]. This time, however, she had came with 4 other toa that she created and trained - and ordered them to corner him. This took Ghazmard by surprise, which was why he did not react immediately.

At first, Utira was unwilling to trust Ghazmard, knowing what he and the rest of his kind did to Toa like her - but upon hearing Ghazmard’s side of the story, she became more open, eventually opting to form an uneasy alliance, considering the conditions that the both of them were in.

Together, the two went from island to island, freeing Matoran that Teridax had enslaved.

Soon Teridax noticed, and trapped Ghazmard in a powerful stasis field. After briefly musing about Ghazmard and his “betrayal”, he killed Ghazmard with a powerful bolt of lightning, incinerating the elite Makuta’s armor and antidermis. Utira and her new team were all surrounded and captured by Exo-Toa, their fates to be determined…

Abilities & Traits

Personality & Abilities:
Though Ghazmard had a cold resolve and was typically very unfriendly, he also carried a strong sense of honor, preferring to win fights fairly (if possible).

He was a seasoned and battle-hardened veteran well-known for his strength, combat prowess, and general planning skills. It was with these abilities that netted him a high rank within the Brotherhood, as well as numerous Brotherhood victories throughout the Matoran Universe’s history.

Despite never forming any particularly strong bonds with them, Ghazmard was also known for his dedication to protecting innocent life, and would do so where possible, even if it meant he had to (indirectly) stand against the Brotherhood.

Like all Makuta, he had the 42 Kraata powers and shape-shifting abilities.
Weapons:
Unlike other Makuta, he typically stuck with one consistent weapon (despite having armories), that being a Serrated Razor Axe which he could channel his Shadow powers through. He later had it modified by Vagmaros to be able to store additional Shadow energy & amplify it if channeled.

Renders:

[might post some more renders later; in case you’re wondering why Ghazmard in the latter 2 images looks smaller, it’s because I accidentally chose the wrong image size for the renders. oh well, as long as it’s the same model it should be fine]

Design Choices
  • Uses the phantoka makuta torso as a base, then builds on that torso build in a unique manner. I want to emulate something that’d look believable as an official LEGO set while still remaining creative in design.
  • Dark Green/Sand Green color scheme since no canon Makuta have it. Closest is Gorast’s lime color and that’s literally it.
  • Impossible building technique with the way the Metru feet are attached to the leg; this is intentional since I knew no other way to replicate the design with something different. Same goes with how the Pohatu Nuva climbing claws are attached to the Rahkshi feet; but those I could probably find a way to legally recreate.

Stud.io file and instructions can be found here!

Thanks for reading, and stay tuned for his Hagah. Constructive criticism and feedback on the model & backstory would be very much appreciated.

21 Likes

very cool!

3 Likes

I actually really like that wing design!

3 Likes

Cool moc! The backstory is pretty nice and the build is great.

2 Likes

The build here is nice, same for the colours.
The lore is interesting.

2 Likes

It is completely possible to recreate this figure in IRL. Armor is laid out very nicely as well.

4 Likes

The legs and arms are very interesting! I haven’t seen the Metru torsos used for much other than the occasional Lhikan revamp. I think the Stars foot on the torso is a bit out-of-place as it kind of sticks out further than the rest of the torso, but that’s mostly just how I build my torsos and isn’t really a big critique. Other than that, this is a beautiful creation, good job!

4 Likes