Makuta Icarax of Tuyet’s regime

“Icarax was one of the earliest challengers to Teridax. He shared his leaders belief that they should rule, yes, but the warrior never really got behind Teridax’s methods. For a time Icarax followed, but the last straw came when Teridax attempted to usurp Metru Nui’s leadership from the inside, which failed horribly due to the investigation of a suspicious Tuyet and Nidhiki.

Donning the spear of fusion, Icarax became one of the most feared warriors in the universe as war broke out again, this time between the new Toa Empire and the Brotherhood of Makuta.

Fate was not kind to Teridax, as enemies on all sides would cement his demise. The traitorous Krika, now sworn to Tuyet, would hatch a plan with Icarax and the few remaining Darkhunters.
Icarax would challenge Teridax openly, soon leading his battalion to a seeming victory against the Toa. At this point, Teridax stepped in to take command and credit for the destruction of the Empress.
However, the Toa’s defeat was a feint, and the Toa of light would make her first appearance. Toa Gavla, in astunning display, would slay Makuta Teridax with the light of the Avohkii.

This alliance of powers did not last however. As Gavla and Tuyet slew Teridax, Icarax would slay the weakened Shadowed one. Out of respect for his brother Krika, Icarax would call off the attack, swearing to destroy them all another day as he claimed the Mask of Shadows as his own. Gavla would try to end it there and now, she no longer had the element of surprise…

After facing off any challengers in combat and donning the Kraahkan, Icarax declared himself the new Lord of the Makuta. He swore to conquer all and dominate, or die on the battlefield trying. Thus, a new age of war began, one that would rack the Matoran universe to its very core…”

Powers and abilities:

• As a Makuta, Icarax could use elemental shadow and all the 42 rahkshi powers.
  • His newest frame was a marvel, forged for the sole purpose of battle and destruction.
  • wings of protodermis allowed him flight
  • His left arm bore increased armor and three powerful shredding claws.
  • His right arm had a built in gear crusher for tearing through walls and armor.
  • The spear of fusion could either split a being into two, or merge two into a new abomination.
  • The Kraakhan, or Mask of Shadows allows Icarax to see the darkness within all sentient beings.

I’ve gotta say, this has perhaps been my most intensive build to date. Especially tricky we’re the legs.

I wanted Icarax to stand tall and mighty above my other Toa, so I rigged up this system to give him longer thighs. The rest fell in place after testing different pieces and where they fit.

He makes a mighty opponent for my titan Takanuva, I just love seeing these two giants face off.

He’s not as big, but I think Icarax can hold his own.

And just a little extra, made an axe for my matoran Jaller.
Hope you enjoy.

18 Likes

Love the claw arm.

4 Likes

i love tha wings

2 Likes

Ah very nice! I really like the greebly mechanical details you’ve used and the wings and weapon look pretty cool. Lore is great as well, neatly made moc!

3 Likes

I love this. He looks like he’s really out for revenge.

3 Likes

Looks so much better than the set

5 Likes

Oh man! This is my favorite moc of yours so far. It absolutely fits for Icarax. I also love the story you’re spinning. Keep up the good work!

4 Likes

Clearly in this timeline old Iccy was inspired by Bomonga’s big grabbers.

5 Likes

Absolutely stunning

3 Likes

Those are some great wings. The Lhikan blade is an excellent choice.

4 Likes