Makuta Icarax Revamp

Lastly a comparison with the original set

34 Likes

It looks really good, especially the torso! The painted mask is also a nice touch.

I feel like he’d look kind of like this if he were in a Miramax bionicle movie.

1 Like

Iccarax? More like thiccarax.

I’ll die now.

4 Likes

I like this. I had Icarax as a youth and other than some decent parts, I found him to be pretty unremarkable. I like the shaping and the more animalistic stature. It makes him look dangerous, which he’s definitely supposed to be! I like the mis-matched mask pauldrons too!

My only nitpick is the various types of silver on his weapon. It looks a little off but it’s not a big issue.

I’d like to see this with Vultraz’s mask of vulture! Which is supposed to be Icarax’s canon mask before he took the mask of shadows.

1 Like

Broad shoulders and a wider torso fit the character really well. Suddenly the official model looks way too scrawny.

Just think of this as his pre-biomechanical form.

I actually think his body is too big. It makes his arms and legs look scrawny and awkward. I usually abhor A-symmetry, and that applies here. I’m especially confused as to why his lower arms are different pieces.

Its the same with the original set why are his arms different peices, and to each their own on a design that was originally way too simple revamps arnt for everyone

1 Like

Wait, his arms are like that in the set too? I’ve never really seen anything but the box art, which has them both blocked, so I guess it makes sense.

1 Like

Yea the arm with the shield has a hordika arm so it can spin with a gear function

His set is just boring and basic

1 Like

Okay time for review. I love the custom rib cage and that chest area, I love the painted mask and I like the inverted legs. However I don’t like the Dorito fighter star scream vibes I’m getting. The triangle body isn’t the main problem in this case. It’s the skinny legs. So suggestions would be bulk out legs, change messy weapon and maybe reduce the triangle body just a little bit?

1 Like

Lol u say u like the torso build but not the structure, u say u like the inverted legs but not the thickness and if u look at the first pic his torso isn’t a dortito shape its a normal body its just the wings folded back giving 9ff that starscream illusion, his torso legs arnt skinny its just the angle and same with the torso

Yes. What you’ve said is true but I wasn’t contradicting myself. I like the idea of inverted legs but inverted legs don’t have to be skinny and I still think the legs could be bulked. You have a point about the body-it seems fine as is. I still think the weapon/shield is a bit messy. Hope my advice is helpful, it really is a cool Moc.

1 Like

@Axelford
@Makuta_nui_moc

I agree that the legs are quite thin, but I think it works well for the moc.

His bulkier body and thin digitigrade legs is one of the reasons why it reminded me of a miramax design. The proportions resemble those of Teridax from those films.

Yes. It resembles Teridax a lot. Which is good if it’s a Teri-daddy Moc but I think if this is to be Icarax it needs to have a slightly different silhouette. Just my opinion but it’s fine as is.

1 Like

I like advice which ever way it is to see what others can and work with that