Makuta Mutran, the Maniacal Scientist

Makuta Mutran, the Maniacal Scientist

––

Bio: Mutran is perhaps one of the most important members within the Brotherhood of Makuta. While most dabbled in creating Rahi, he is one of the few Makuta who mastered the art, always striving to refine his craft. His most pivotal moment, however, would be entirely unrelated to creating Rahi. Sent to investigate the near-mythical Tren Krom, Mutran would momentarily share minds with the ancient entity— thereby learning about the nature of the Great Spirit Robot. This knowledge would be the catalyst for Teridax’s plot to take over the Matoran Universe. Mutran would become one of Teridax’s closest allies after Teridax usurped control of the brotherhood from Makuta Miserex, and his favor with Teridax allowed him great leeway in his various experiments (much to the chagrin of his rival Chirox). In the millennia since, Mutran largely abandoned his post watching over Voya Nui in favor of staying in his labs to work, always concocting something new.
Brilliant to the point of madness, even other Makuta are wary of the mind of Mutran…

Personality: Mutran has a brilliant mind. His understanding of both Rahi and Makuta biology is nigh unmatched among his peers, and he has no qualms about flaunting his expertise. Millennia of experimenting have caused him to become somewhat unstable, though. Mutran will go to extreme lengths in the name of his science, and his mood is notably erratic. This has given him a reputation of being borderline-insane… a reputation he cultivates to his benefit.

Tools/Abilities: Makuta Mutran wears the Mask of Mutation (stolen from Miserex before his execution). He carries an energy lance, used for both melee and ranged combat. Mutran has access to all the typical Makuta abilities, including Kraata powers and control over shadows.

––
Mutran will play a very important role in the NLAU. His having the Mask of Mutation makes him much more of a threat. It will have limits on its power (the greater the mutation being enacted, the more focus, effort, and energy it takes), but Mutran and his Mask will wreak significant havoc in the universe.

16 Likes

Never seen a waist build like that before. Looks boney, cool

3 Likes

Looks like a neat moc. Arms are a bit lanky and the hip build might be restrictive for articulation but I like the color spread with the black, lime green, and silver. The claws and weapons are cool, nice moc.

1 Like

Thank you!!
The arms are lanky by design. He is a scientist, after all, he needs to be able to work on his experiments from a safe distance :stuck_out_tongue: and they allow me to give him plenty of mad scientist poses ^-^

2 Likes

mutrans
This is nice, i’m a sucker for Mutran mocs. plus did you paint that mask yourself? it looks really good.

4 Likes

oh cool
the mask looks great!

2 Likes

Fair enough.

1 Like

What a coincidence! I bought the exact same mask, but am planning to use it on an unmutated Gorast.

Excellent moc btw!

2 Likes

Where’s that mask from? I’m not familiar with it. Looks really good!

1 Like

I bought the mask from the Etsy shop of one of my mutuals on Insta! He does all the painting himself (and does an absolutely splendid job, I must say.) He designs his own masks, as well as paints designs from other well known custom makers (KingK, Galva, etc). This mask was his own design.
His store is called TJ’s Bazaar!

TJ’s Bazaar, over on Etsy! He does excellent work, both designing and painting! He’s got a wide selection of masks to pick from; I highly recommend his store! :slight_smile:

4 Likes