Makuta Spiriah Revamp

Intro:
So as we all know the original Spiriah was…

well less then perfect.

So I decided to build a revamp. It was actually really fun to build, constantly having to decide what weird features to keep, remove, or add.

MOC:

Spiriah’s katana hand now has 4 fingers rather than 3.

He still has a Midak Sky Blaster,

But I prefer how he looks with out it.

I really love the contrast between the bulky upper body and the digitigrade legs.

His wings and tail complete his beastly appearance.

His “shoulder pads” are actually his extra arms.

He has two daggers to duel wield.

I like to think that his two extra normal hands would make up for his impractical “katana hand”.

From behind.

Outro:
As I said in the intro I had a lot of fun building this, and am pretty happy with the results. If you know of any other “interesting” combo models in need of a revamp tell me. I’d love to build them.

81 Likes

This is really really cool. Too bad it doesn’t have a shadow matoran to ride on it’s back.

1 Like

This is an excellent update! I do wish the wings were bigger, but otherwise this is brilliant. The hands-as-shoulder-pads is a particularly clever move. Keep up the good work!

3 Likes

Really needs some lime brought into the lower half, but the construction is solid.

1 Like

Nice! Can you try to do Zyglak or botar? Those would bo cool, if not, possibly the kaita?

1 Like

The lime could be better distributed, but the overall design is solid, definitely much cleaner than the official combiner.

1 Like

Like @Stoax said, the lime seems kinda focused on his arms and could be spread out in small quantities elsewhere; I would suggest putting a bit on his legs. Other than that, though, this is excellent! I especially like how the tridax pod is situated in his chest.

10/10, waaaaay better than the original combiner.

2 Likes

The little claw thing design is awesome.

1 Like

Definitely a needed update! I love what you did with the extra hands!
Maybe you could do something to Gaardus?

3 Likes

Its cool too bad the green kinda messes with the colour scheme

1 Like

I still don’t like the green.
I will send you a message with some combo models that I want revamped.

1 Like

I never thought he could look so good

1 Like

Decidely less painful to look at than the original.

Well done fixing the issues!

2 Likes

The legs feel odd to me since their color of grey is not spread out through the MOC as much as I would like, but I love it otherwise.

1 Like

And I thought this failure of a combiner couldn’t be redeemed if sticking to the original design…he looks rad

I second @Pavetsukkeli’s suggestion of revamping Gaardus…and only then can you be hailed as the master of bad design redemption :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

This is a neat take on Makuta Spiriah, and I like how faithful it manages to be to the original figure while still providing some improvements. It has a very confusing, almost messy appeal, but it’s well organized in a manner that’s easier for the eye to figure out.

1 Like