Makuta Teridax, the Lord of Shadows

Makuta Teridax, Lord of Shadows (Diminished)

Bio: In the years following the Great Cataclysm, Makuta Teridax has become one of the most influential beings in the universe. Millennia of scheming, taking control of the Brotherhood of Makuta, manufacturing the Toa-Dark Hunter War… all in service of the goal of rendering the Great Spirit comatose. With that goal achieved, the next phase of his machinations has begun. In the chaos rendered by Cataclysm, he has worked from the shadows to consolidate the Brotherhood’s power— and thus his own power by extension. As factions form, he ensures that his will be set up for ultimate victory. Of course, there have been setbacks. The destruction of his original body at the hands of a particular Toa has forced the Makuta into a new, less powerful form, so that he may still have physical presence when needed.
But make no mistake— though his body may be diminished, his mind and cunning are as sharp as ever, and Teridax’s ultimate designs are still on track.

Personality: The core of Teridax’s personality is ruled by pride and indignation. Teridax saw Mata Nui’s negligence as an outrage and himself as the most logical replacement for the Great Spirit. After all, why should the Matoran worship a god they can’t see and rarely feel, when they could worship him instead? Teridax has a brilliant mind, always concocting schemes and counterschemes. Indeed, he is one of the few beings who has the intelligence and the track record to back up his prideful ego. And despite his immense power, he has an appreciation for subtlety and tact. He would rather have control through manipulation than through sheer might. However, Teridax has no qualms about aggressive shows of overwhelming force when subtlety fails, and when his convictions are challenged, he can be quick to anger.

Powers/Tools: As a Makuta, Teridax possesses the wide array of abilities inherent to his species. He also has command over Shadows, being perhaps the most skilled user in the MU. He does not possess the same degree of shapeshifting ability as his brethren, due to his new armor not being of the same quality as his original body. Teridax has no preferred weapon, but can often be seen wielding a dual-ended great blade.

—————
This build is one of a handful of MOCs from my early 2010’s era that has survived to the present. I love the sleekness of this design, even if it is pretty simple.

The story of how Teridax’s original body was destroyed will be told in the Past Storyline of the NLAU.

11 Likes

Ah this looks like a neat moc. Simple but good, though the arms are too long, I’d say. I like the metru red though, it’s a nice accent color to an otherwise almost all-black moc. Cool job!

3 Likes

Not a bad little build, arms and neck are a bit long but I do like the over all look.

3 Likes

nice use of the kalmah pieces!

2 Likes

“That’s quite the neck you have, Makuta. Be careful not to choke on your aspirations.”

4 Likes

He’s a lanky boy

1 Like

Liking the color scheme here.

3 Likes