Makuta Teridax (with shadow hand!)

Hello fellow compatriots to yet another build! Today we are taking a look at the conqueror himself, Makuta Teridax, first released in 2003. However this figure has a few new touches to his design. While still retaining the waist turning function with added friction he also has a transformable staff so that he can throw a kohlii ball just like in the movie mask of light

but he also has the shadow hand as seen in Legends of Metru Nui.
Terri grab 1

It is a compressed design of the Muaka function but with a slight variation to allow for reach and honestly a more cohesive looking hand. Anyways I hope you all enjoy!

Also feel free to check out this video for a more in depth review

73 Likes

Very well integrated.

2 Likes

Say again?! :scream:

1 Like

That hand feature is so awesome.

7 Likes

glad you like it

1 Like

Nice! Now that is really well done.

2 Likes

Thank you!

Very well designed, what’s his side profile like?

2 Likes

Are you proud of this monstrosity?

Because you should be

2 Likes

That’s just totally and unquestionably awesome. Great work.

2 Likes

Thanks! Check out the video @Kardax , i showcase the side and the back profile

1 Like

Instructions! Now!

But seriously, couldn’t you guys imagine this as a sort of limited edition revamp they would’ve released in 2004? That would’ve been awesome!

3 Likes

Might make a how-to in the future :wink:

Also yeah it would have been perfect if this came out in 04, not only just in reference of the film but as a symbolism in how they perfected incorporating functions into the figure. Just like the Toa Metru

2 Likes

OMG! this is supreme!!!.:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::clap::clap::clap::clap:
design, gimmick, and appearance!!

1 Like

That’s got to be the best set function I’ve ever seen in a constraction build, official or otherwise. That’s just so cool. Well done!

2 Likes

Glad you like it

1 Like

I’ve seen many a moc make a detachable shadow hand, but never one hidden in the torso; it caught by complete surprise when I saw the function gif, it’s so well incorporated. 10/10, too much water.

1 Like

That hand mechanic is too cool! Kid me would’ve drooled over this… And adult me does as well!

1 Like

The function is really cool, and really well integrated, but for me the overall aesthetic of the moc is much too similar to the original set.
I think I’ve said this before on another moc that was incredibly similar, but it really adds another level of “WOW” if you’ve got a fully original re-design, and especially if you added in the function here, it would take it to a whole other level.

But this is still really cool and I’m amazed at how you integrated it, well done!

2 Likes

You did such an excellent job retaining the figure while incorporating a downright awesome and striking function. Really well done :+1::+1:

1 Like