Makuta the Bringer of Despair

I wonder if his belly is his weak spot… wonderful job on the moc!

try it. yo’d probably be able to pull it off better than me XD

1 Like

It’s…a massive black, gold and purple MOC.

Big surprise there, I guess?

At this point I’m kinda just waiting for the contest to be over so I can see something more original.

Still, the design looks pretty nice! I REALLY love the crest on the head. A lot.

well, it’s trying to be this:

in this’s colors:

5 Likes

So many faces. Which one do I talk to?

1 Like

I’m simply referring to the fact that so many of the Makuta entries have been giant black/gold/purple MOCs.
I hadn’t noticed the sheer number of face designs you pout on however…that’s a fun touch and makes this a lot more unique that I thought.

1 Like

How much does he eat though?

Like, do you have to feed each face individually? Or does only one need to feed?

2 Likes

That depends on the number of stomachs and how they’re connected.

Thanks a lot everyone :smiley:

Pretty much, those two where my main inspiration for this build.

Both are decent. Posabily wise the arms and the head have about as much posability as any regular sized figure. The legs are a bit more tricky as stability issues start to show if you put him in certain poses but he can do some basic stuff but nothing too crazy.

Stability wise he can stand on his own but he does have the tendancy to fall over sometimes. And his stability can become worse in certain poses.

1 Like

oh, and nice reference putting the MoCr in Lazengann’s spot XD

1 Like

Dang… This thing is amazing! I count this as a winner.

Only two things bug me: first, his feet, which seem kinda wide and awkward to me. Second, he has no weapon. Then again, I don’t think this guy would need one. :stuck_out_tongue:

Good luck! (though you probably won’t need it)

Makuta will tear a hole in the universe.

The name makes a lot of sense, seeing as it was clearly inspired by the final form of the Antispiral, as well as Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann itself. Being a huge fan of the anime, I instantly loved this. From head to toe, this is the most epic Makuta I’ve ever seen.

(And as @Rockho said, it does indeed fill me with despair since my entry has no chance compared to yours. :stuck_out_tongue: )

I love all dem faces on the armor. They look so unhappy. They need some milk.

There had better not be five more entries of this quality by the end of the contest… or I don’t stand a chance. XD

Yeah, pretty much my issue with it is primarily that. Its less Makuta and more a combination of the two of these. It doesn’t feel like it has something that screams ‘Makuta’ to me other than potentially the mask having a similar vibe to the MoUP - which i guess would be enough… but its just not really what I’d think of as Makuta.

2 Likes

Makuta lagann much?

this is really amazing

1 Like

*Tengen Toppa Makuta Lagann.

3 Likes

yeah

1 Like

Whoa.

Tosses his Makuta MOC into the dumpster.

Seriously though, not only is this iteration of Makuta gigantic, it makes use of noticeably creative building techniques. Bravo, man. My only piece of constructive feedback is that the proportions are clearly very far off.

1 Like

He looks incredibly menacing.