Makuta - Turaga of Light

Quotes from the diary of Elder Vakama

[…] "When the Great Spirit gave birth to our world, he also gave birth to 3 ancient beings known as the Tur’aga. Which in the tongue of the Great Ones stands for “Ancient Father”. The three were brothers, with such a strong bond that only the Great Spirit could separate them from each other… At least I thought so.
Each brother was given a part of our world to rule over. Artakha was the ruler of skies, father of the Oracles, who’s job was to understand the stars and communicate with the Great Spirit himself. Artakha wore the Mask of Vision.
Karzahni was given the Underworld, the Codrex to protect at any cost. Only the bravest of warriors went there to seek great knowledge, and meet Karzahni himself.
He posessed the Mask of v&#>#137$##& [DATA ERROR]
Makuta was the protector of our city… Metru-Nui. Leading the great legion of the Vahki using his Mask of Control. He was also the Wielder of Light, and c222#>#& [DATA ERROR]

Sorry for the bad quality of the pictures. I have to buy a new camera. Also the little context thing at the beginning is a damaged digital diary… That’s why some data is lost… And because I don’t want to include too much of my story here.

19 Likes

Good job on him, I love his overall look and the design of the torso

1 Like

Good MOC overall, but the arms need work.

1 Like

I like the story here, and the MOC is decent.

Does this take place in some sort of mid-gen netherrealm?

1 Like

Completely different dimension. And this time, Makuta is neither “good” or “bad”. But in the story his motives go against the Toa.

1 Like

But does it take inspiration from both?

1 Like

Looks great, though the arm design is a little questionable. The MoCl works really well here! :smiley:

Also, took the accidental (I assume) apostrophe out of the title! :smile:

2 Likes

It wasn’t accidental, but oh well, It’s good like this too. Doesn’t matter that much.

@Cyclopian Mix greek and Jewish mythology with G1 and you’re here.

2 Likes

Definitely a good build, although I think you should find a replacement for those dark gold pieces, or you could paint them warm gold.

1 Like

um, I hate to be that one guy, but why is a turaga titan sized?

1 Like

@TheRed1s Turaga is more like a title given by the Matoran to them in their legends.
As I said, he doesn’t exist in the G1 canon.

1 Like

ok, thanks :wink:

1 Like

What’s with the brown shoulder armor? The design is pretty good, but I’d work on the color scheme. Maybe get rid of a couple colors.

1 Like

@ToaSonus It’s not brown. It’s dark gold from the Toa Lhikan set from '05.

This is probably the best use of the MoCr I’ve seen yet!
But the dark gold feet sorta kill the otherwise great colorscheme

1 Like

Ah, thought I saw a bit of Greek.

Yeah. I thought it might have been that color. Couldn’t tell given the lighting. Still. I’d suggest removing it. The color doesn’t mix to well with what the rest.

This is a very interesting concept, however, I feel that the execution could have been done a bit better.
My main issues with this MOC consists of four things:
The MOC overall is a bit cluttered, but most of it is in the torso build.

The leg design could use some work, specifically the upper legs.

The arm design is a bit too spindly and awkward. He would probably benefit from having normal CCBS bone arms.

And lastly, the Metru gold looks a bit too out of place with the pearl gold.

Overall it’s an interesting concept with an alright build, but with a little tweaking and reworking, I think this MOC could be really good. :smile:

1 Like

wow… this is a great moc and i love the even distribution of gold and white. great use of the mask of control.