Makuta Zaryx

Made for @Senit’s Makuta collab.

This is Zaryx, a Makuta scientist stationed on one of the Southern islands. She’s especially fond of her heat vision powers because committing arson is fun. She’ll usually resort to using a pair of arm-mounted blades when threatened, but sometimes she’ll just whack you in the face with her absurdly large Rhotuka-launching glaive if she feels like it.

30 Likes

Very nice! I really like the wings and the color scheme. Also that staff isn’t bad either

I need to get working on mine

3 Likes

Oh shooot, that’s good. That torso design is sick, and the consistency of textures on all of the red pieces is great. Those weapons are also pretty fly, and those action poses are sick. My only gripes would be the blocky-ness of the shins, and the positioning of the elbow joint.

4 Likes

Oh? Whats this? A female moc without gross unnecessary features and looks good?
Amazing. I have no complaints. A good design. Even if its just one of your bats wearing a Kanohi. :shushing_face:

9 Likes

Monopoly stop giving your mocs large thighs it’s distressing

4 Likes

The only part copied from the bats is the front of the hips.

has it really gotten to the point that all of my Mocs look like bats now regardless of whether they actually share anything in common with them at all

5 Likes

Well to be fair she also has wings that come from a bat-themed set

3 Likes

yes

3 Likes

I slightly echo the feeling of bat relations on this one, but this is a really well done moc, I especially like the foot design, might have to steal that for what Im currently working on. Great job monopoly

'Zorks got a point here though

4 Likes

Excellent use of Crotesius’s helmet, and the thighs and wrist blades are neat as well. I’m not totally sold on the trans-blue highlights, especially at the knees, but… it uses Antroz wings, which automatically makes it a Good MOC. =P

4 Likes

I think there should be some more trans blue on the build put oh well good build anyways

3 Likes

Pretty neat build!

2 Likes

(In Darth Sidious’ voice) “Good…”

Lovely Moc full of character, solid colour blocking and thick thi- It’s nice. I’ll second Eilrach in saying maybe more bloo elsewhere but other than that it’s good.

3 Likes

But all the winged Makuta, including Teridax himself look bat-like. How can this be a legitimate complaint when he’s only doing what LEGO did in the first place?

4 Likes

It was a comment. Not a complaint. People can acknowledge likeness

3 Likes

OK. I do think that Teridax’s winged version in the movies looks somewhat like a bat as well. Which makes Zaryx pretty neat, since she has the same wing design!

3 Likes

Pretty nice. The glaive is pretty nice and the torso is great too.

The small trans dark blue highlights are great.

Also I want that Rhotuka

3 Likes

wait why

3 Likes

It seems to be the GitD one and I don’t have that one.

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t actually have Battle of Metru Nui, though. I just got it in a bag of parts from a second-hand Lego store in Lowestoft.

3 Likes