Makuta's Elite. (Canon contest #3, Honor Guard)

– TOA GAAKI –

The mask is in the shape of the Great mask of Adaptation.

The choice of Spear and Chestplate are very deliberate.

The Spear is Tahu Nuva’s sword, which matches perfectly with Norik who uses Gali Nuva’s Axe.

The Torso armor is Tahnok Kal’s shield, which matches perfectly with Iruini, who uses Gahlok Kal’s shield.

The flame detailing on these parts can also easily be seen as representing a rushing current of water.

– TOA POUKS –

Pouks here is a part of a collaboration between me, @Minirigby and @Brod.
The idea behind this collaboration is to each make a Toa hagah Based on an old Titan set, similarly to how Iruini was originally designed around the titan Nidhiki.

This Pouks is designed to resemble Keetongu, but i do think the design stands up well enough on it’s own, even outside of this context.

The mask design is original, therefore it has no canonical power.
The Spear tip is Kopaka mata’s sword in silver, which is a color that part is already available in

– TOA KUALUS –

Kualus’ armor was made gold as an unfortunate side effect of trying to create an even color distribution across the team. for this reason i have decided to allow artists to edit the armor colors for these hagah mocs.

Despite this, I do feel like the Gold armor looks fairly nice on the character

Toa Kualus was given the mask of Sensory Aptitude,
His Spear tip was chosen to match well with Pouks’ Spear tip, as they are both Mata Weapons. I chose the Gali hook in particular because it is one of the most common pieces available throughout Bionicle’s history, therefore Painting it gold wouldnt be as egregious.

– TOA BOMONGA –

Toa Bomonga is given the mask of Rebounding

His Spear tip was chosen to match nicely with Iruini’s Spear tip, and like Kualus’, his spear tip is a very common Bionicle piece

His head is attached in a unique way, yet still maintaining the Golden torso armor.

He also uses grey socket connectors, as to help maintain buildability.

Each of these Backgrounds are custom, created specifically for these submissions.

– THE TOA HAGAH –

All things considered, I think they look pretty wonderful as a team :slight_smile:

– THE BORING DETAILS –
I give consent for my mask to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: (NO)
I give consent for my metallic color choice to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: (YES)
I give consent for my spear tip to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: (NO)

all of the additional required images can be found in this Imgur album

Gaaki’s, Bomonga’s and Kualus’ masks can be found here:

Pouks’ mask can be found here:

Hope you enjoy :slight_smile: , took a lot of work.

72 Likes

More last minute entries! They look good, but whenever I look at Pouks’ mask it looks like he only has one eye.

2 Likes

These are fantastic, mate. I know a lot of people will look and say they’re “just Metru builds” but between the actual designs themselves, the mask choices, and that awesome boxart and those backgrounds, you’ve nailed the atmosphere (and the nostalgic joy, for me) of the original Hagah sets.

Cracking job, and I really hope you win. You deserve to.

9 Likes

Very impressive! Your Bomonga is definitely one of my favorite versions of Bomonga so far, and I also really like how the Mask of Sensory Aptitude looks on Kualus!

1 Like

Really cool posters. Specially Pouks and Gaaki.

im not super crazy about the mask designs (especially pouks) but these models look REALLY boss and i actually hope that this becomes the winning entry

2 Likes

That Pouks tho :open_mouth:

Glad you’re allowing the artists to alter the metallic armor here, Pouks may have stolen the vote for me here.

2 Likes

Simple but effective. Those box art renders are terrific and make for quite the impressive group shot

2 Likes

Welcome back, king. Easily one of the best presented entries out here.

Like the last two contests, I’m more than okay to see all four of these become official canon. Well done!

2 Likes

This wins, you have my vote sir.

This might just be it. These are beautiful, probably my favorite entry so far. I love the idea of basing Pouks’ design off Keetongu, and that mask is gorgeous. Gaaki and Bomonga are great too. Pretty much the only thing I don’t like here is gold Kualus. But hey, you gave consent to changing the metallic hue so whatever. The presentation is also phenomenal of course, something I wanted to do but didn’t have the guts to. Great entry, I’ll likely be voting for it!

2 Likes

Jeez these look incredible with the official-style box art! And the designs, while simple, look exactly like official sets. I’m particularly fond of using the Metru foot to give Bomonga a hunched figure like previous Toa of Earth have had.

1 Like

These are all fantastic designs, great work!

THIS IS FANTASTIC! :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:
I didn’t have any disorder feeling to they stands with Norik and Iruini!

Love this! I’m fairly certain that this is the entry I’ll be voting for, these feel like genuine Bionicle sets, especially with the presentation.

1 Like

The style is so good that I feel like I’m in 2005 and lego has just released the their official toa hagah.

Lovely renders. Were they done in Blender?

1 Like

these…
these are literally perfect…

2 Likes

I don’t think this was intentional, but I like how Kualus’s spear sort of resembles a shepherd’s staff. It makes sense, given Kualus’ mask of rahi control (although It probably wouldn’t work very well in combat)

These entry pictures look great, btw!

2 Likes

I love how diverse you able to make these all look. I could definitely keep these as honorary headcanon if they do not make it