Mandekatare [Mami, for short], the Toa of Gravity

Hello again, everyone!:

Because I am going through kind of a time crunch with college finishing up and thus trying to crush me with exams and tests, I wanted to just lay back and build a Bonkle out of some interesting pieces I had, specially 2 Hero Factory armor pieces and a Brown Hau I bought a month ago.

Either way, here is Mandekatare (Or Mami, for short), the Toa of Gravity and Order of Mata-Nui Officer! Her nickname and weapon name [Tiro Finale] are loosely based off Madoka Magica’s Mami, who uses a big lock cannon (In Mandekatare’s case its a Shotgun) that can charge up and shoot a big, explosive shot. (I have never seen Madoka Magica before, but I already like the concept of Mami)

She follows the same concept as Cynthia (Other MOC of mine) in terms of having asymmetrical arms because one represents a robotic arm, on Mami it shows off a little bit worse, as covering the connection so the joint is not forced and thereby loose makes it look as if the arm was way more separated and it just looks bad (please look at her right upper arm). Otherwise I am pretty much satisfied with her. I lacked the pieces to cover up the back of her legs, but it gives off this more “Soldier” type of look while not looking extremely aerodynamic, because she isn’t supposed to be like that, she is just supposed to be a heavy duty, somewhat agile officer for the Order of Mata-Nui.

PD: Oh, about her color palette, I didn’t have too many purple pieces to make her whole body just black and purple, but I had 2 CCBS armor plates to cover her left arm, so Lore wise, I just explain this as being a Matoran who originated from Karzahni, and thus camouflages her look even after turning into a Toa and barely showing that she is a Toa of Gravity (Her left arm and some minor details showing so). If the pictures don’t show it well enough, her color palette consists of Brown, Dark Blue, Silver and Purple.

[POSTER SHOT]

Backside, detailing the simple body structure.

“On the front lines!”

Sitting and enjoying the view while armed.

Using her Toa powers, Mami can control the gravity forces around her.

“DELET THIS”

Back photo.

Back details Photo.

Front details Photo.

“TIRO FINALE!”

“Officer Mandekatare, reporting for duty!”

17 Likes

what’s with the weird colouring?

I dont really feel gravity but we havent really seem gravity so eh.

I actually find this design pretty nice, it’s also cool to see how you managed to incorporate her background into her design to explain it.

I just wanted a weird color palette that wasn’t rainbows. I think it kind of works out, seeing as every color incorporated is dark and such.

@KAI_BORG Thank you so much!

@LTVmocs Yeah, I really dropped the ball with the Gravity concept, but so far I think it can be comprehended because of her story.

Welcome! Never knew there was a brown Hau and the torso build is pretty cool!

There are Hau’s of every color because every Toa Mata had one at their disposal! I am also planning to do a MOC with a Black Kaukau and a Silver Kakama as well, so I am putting all of these rare Kanohi to the test.

i was talking about the lighting giving everything a weird tint

Ooh, nice! Closest I’ve gotten to this is one ‘Toa moc’ that has a purple Pakari, another with a grey Hau, a matoran moc with an orange Pakari (two of these who I plan to upload soonish), one that has a broken Kualsi with a bubble-dome visor connected to it and one (who isn’t uploaded) that has a silver knight visor (from whatever that old Lego line was) stuck to his face… Oh yeah! I also have one that has a white shoulder shield (Toa-Nuva) for a mask! (Actually have more but haven’t uploaded those yet…)