Mando Jack

Here’s another Mandalorian parody, this time based on Samurai Jack.

24 Likes

Most of the time your artstyle doesn’t work with the characters you draw, looking overly dense with heavy linework, unnecessary line thickness, and general unpleasantness to your overall drawings.

Here, however, barring that this is a tracing, it’s really good. Your artstyle hands itself heavily to the sharp edges and rounded curves with the rough lineart giving a very distinct feel and tone to the image, while the blocky shadows only amplify it. And the muted colours blend exceptionally with the red background, it’s just an excellent piece overall and I really want to see more like it.

My only gripe is that baby Yoda looks weird, but that’s the same with pretty much all the fan-created content for baby Yoda thus far.

1 Like

Thanks! If you dont mind me asking, can you think of any ways to improve my usual style? I cant exactly go around copying Genndy Tarkovski all the time.

1 Like

No, but you can practice more with simple shapes instead of realistic figures. I’d say try making a character using simpler shapes and heavier shading like you do there - maybe a G2 character animation Toa?

1 Like

Nicely done emulating the style of the Clone Wars series combined with a Samurai Jack pose and frame.

1 Like