Mantax Armor - misprint?

Some years ago I got this piece from friend. I never had Mantax before, so I thought it is normal, but years later I just got another ones and I saw something’s wrong. This misprint(?) looks like Mantax’ shoulder armor was made in Carapar’s armor style - first color (black) normal, and second one (silver?) in transparent. So here it is - black/milky-white Mantax’ armor. It is 100% original LEGO, it has LEGO sign in correct place. Here are some pics of this piece (right one) and one in use in pretty old MOC , maybe not the best shots, but You can see the difference. Does anybody has this piece, too? Or knows something about that?

8 Likes

This pretty much happens to all “marble” melding molds, I own Mantax as a set and I can confirm that the 2 armor pieces aren’t exactly the same.

However it’s not common for the mold to have a slightly trans-clear at the bottom and fully black from the top from my experience.

4 Likes

I think this is an example of the more “random” blending. The 2016 Golden Masks of Unity were also this way.

1 Like

I understand the other ways of colour proportions, but this is pretty weird. It’s not silver blended with black or silver in other hue - it’s completely different colour - milky white, like in Krika’s weapons. It’s hard to catch it in photo. I have about seven normal Mantax armors and this one, it’s completely different.

3 Likes